Must I buy iPhone 5 @ ATT store to stay grandfathered in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeff Hall, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Jeff Hall macrumors regular

Jeff Hall

I really don't relish the thought of going into an AT&T store to purchase our new iphones. If I buy from the Apple store, is it a seamless transition that keeps my exact plan in place?

-Jeff

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

Just to be clear, this answer is yes. The no answer refered to your subject question.

3. Jeff Hall thread starter macrumors regular

Jeff Hall

No I don't have to go to AT&T or no, it's not a seamless transition?

4. the caveman macrumors 6502

You absolutely do not have to go to att. It is a seamless transaction and you'll keep whatever plan you had. Apple does not mess with anything concerning your plan as long as you eligible for a subsidized price.

5. Jeff Hall thread starter macrumors regular

Jeff Hall

Ok, thanks!

6. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

If you're eligible for an upgrade, you should be able to do it through the online apple store and still keep your UDP.

7. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

what's wrong with going to the AT&T store? It's not like the Apple store where it's a damn zoo in there. Am I missing something?

8. wookiee2cu macrumors member

Apple stores gets way more inventory than AT&T stores and depending on your stores they may be order only. The only way you can mess up your grandfathered unlimited data is by changing your talk plan or text messaging, as long as you don't change anything you are good. Glad I still have mine as this LTE is burning up lots of data.