MW2 Map Pack hits 2.5 million downloads despite Kotick jacking the price to $15

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Apr 7, 2010.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

2. Chuushajou macrumors regular

That is just ridiculous, according to google 15 x 2.5 million is $ 37,500,000 :eek:

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm going to bring this up because I can;

Team Fortress 2 (PC)

Released in 2007 its seen at least 2 new gameplay modes added, 10 new maps (including a couple of community developed ones though), 24 new weapons, 350 achievements.
    Then they released 2 free maps for L4D and a whole new mode. The L4D2 update coming out soon will include out at least 2 new gameplay modes, new weapon and new campaign.

Balls to the devs/pubs who pull **** like this. It doesn't just end at charging so much for 3 new maps either - charging for textures for LBP or for Avatars on XBL, charging for a skinned calculator on the DSi. I really don't like where gaming is going. Steam's following too, they've recently added support for micro-transactions in Steamworks.

If you want me I'll be in the aaaangreee dome.​

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

They won't be getting my money so I just don't give a *Bleep*

Note: If gamers are stupid enough to pay then I don't blame Bobby "douche baggy" Kotick

Bless

Attached Files:

5. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

I'm confused. What does "Translator Guy" have to do with COD? Was Polyphony helping IW work on the maps, and that's why GT5 still isn't out yet? ;)

6. Nuck81 macrumors regular

7. RudyGrow macrumors regular

I'll be one of the people who doesn't buy it. Just as you get to know your maps (I've had the game for a week), they slap you with 5 new ones to learn.

8. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have not bought it but if it had come out a bit ago while I was still heavily playing MW2 I probably would have. :S