My 3GS is starting to have extremely horrible battery life!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by QuadCoreDad, Jul 18, 2009.

1. QuadCoreDad macrumors member

My 2 day old 32GB 3GS has horrible battery life! :eek: I charged it overnight till the battery status bar showed 100%. Then, the next morning, I switched off the electricity and realised that in 3 hours, my battery bar was showing the 20% warning. 10 minutes later, it was flat. Does my 3GS have a battery problem? :confused:

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

What were you doing on it? Playing games, surfing internet on 3g? if you were doing nothing take it to apple and talk to them about a replacement set up a appointment first at http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Take a screen shot of your usage for us so we can see!

3. QuadCoreDad thread starter macrumors member

Really sorry friend, sent it to Apple not long ago. :( Here, they refuse to exchange and only will bother to repair it. I think that's damn unfair because I paid so much for such this phone. :mad: Not even a refurbished one. Stupid Geniuses.

My terrible experience at the Apple Store:

First visit. The ATNT rep was picking his nose while opening my box. That disgusted me. When he took out my phone, I went around to look for accessories. Silly me. I believe that he dropped my phone as there was a loud thud before the rep bent down. I spun around to see him standing back up. When I asked him if he had dropped my phone, he denied it, so i checked for dents / sratches and there was none, so after buying i took it back.

2nd visit- Upon reaching home, I believe that this suspected drop led to my new phone's defective battery component. i went back to the same store the next day and They refused to exchange it for me, saying they would only repair the defective part. The idiot really pissed me off. :mad:

What should I do now?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok back up.

You bought an iPhone and the genius opened it? Usually I thought it was the floor salespeople who do this because they need to activate it or no?

Next, it was dropped you said? In store before you walked out with a brand new phone?

Then, after they refused to let you exchange it you left right? Or did you walk out and decide you wanted to exchange it?

What should you do now? Clarify your post so we can make recommendations on what to do.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

First of all you should give your battery more than two days to work best, and secondly you should calibrate your battery (google it).

6. Nickday89 macrumors regular

I would have given it more time. I got my 3GS on launch day and the past week or so, I've been noticing that my battery's been lasting a LOT longer! Just last night, around 11 or so, I noticed it was still in the 80% range after unplugging it from a full night's charge at 9AM. Sure, I'm not using it QUITE as much, due to being at work again, but I'm still using it quite a lot.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I just got my 3GS about 3 days ago, is it true to let it go all the way down to 5% a few days before I get a better battery life??

8. QuadCoreDad thread starter macrumors member

My iPhone has already been repaired! Lasts up to 1 and a half days for me on a full charge :) very happy

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

How is it that you just posted your problem YESTERDAY, and TODAY you say it's been working fine for over a DAY AND A HALF? I'm no math genius but ... that just doesn't seem to add up.

10. QuadCoreDad thread starter macrumors member

I sent it to Apple on Friday. I got it back on Saturday. Tested battery life on Saturday itself. Lasted till this morning. :) I posted this to complain about the service but guess I got carried off to battery life. ;)

Can a moderator close this thread? My questions are answered already.

11. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

No need to close. People may need to search this thread.