my 4s battery draining quick lately

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxcysxx, Sep 1, 2012.

1. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

hi folks,
    lately i have notice my battery life draining down slightly a bit quicker than what i'm used to. i barely make calls very often throughout the day and the phone spend most of it time on standby, but very often i press the power button to check the time and press the power button again to turn off the screen. but not thing unusual from my day to day usage pattern at all.
    is there some kind of newer firmware revision that automatically updated over the air that causes this?

i don't normally think about my battery life, but lately the battery cycle pattern change a bit to get my attention to it.

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Run the battery all the way down until the iPhone shuts off. Recharge to full. This will calibrate the battery.

My iPhone has only been lasting for 5 hours lately. Now I'm getting 7-8.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I typically get 1 to 1.5 days usage with moderate usage.

Moderate is typically,

Web browsing throughout the day.
    Slight use of siri.
    20 or so mins of calls.
    Approx 50 texts.
    Wifi is always on.

I dont play games much at all.

My iphone 4s is stock.

4. Dkorda macrumors 6502

5. xxcysxx thread starter macrumors 6502

Jb is of battery friendly?
    What does that mean?

Anyway, I can go about a day and a half to two full days before reaching for the charger. I always have the wifi on, but no Siri or Bluetooth. Data and 3G is always on. I barely talk and barely text. But occational light web browsing while on the go and a lot of emails. Now I barely do Any of that stuff and I got about 60% by half the day.

I will try the full battery cycle advice.