My 4S battery is really good!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheiPhoneChick, Nov 9, 2011.

1. TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

I know there are tons of battery threads but most if not all of them are for poor battery performance, so I wanted to start a thread for positive battery performance.

I was worried when I got my 4S 2 days ago because of all the negative battery stories I have heard. To my surprise, my battery is actually really good!! I did one full cycle charge from 0% -100% when I got it and it's been great ever since!

I am currently at
    Usage: 8 hours, 8 minutes
    Standby: 1 Day, 5 Hours
    Battery Percentage: 3%

I did plug it in for about 5 minutes to sync with iTunes but no other charging was done. I only lost 4% battery last night while slept and I have actually been trying to drain the battery so I can get one more full cycle charge in.

2. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

well due to the fact that apple is working on an ios update regarding battery life.... your phone maybe one "setting change" or "feature usage" away to triggering whatever is affecting the poor battery performance in regards to the OS -- like other people

3. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

maybe you didn't play game or using bluetooth and 3g and touch playing around all the time ,

you might touch your phone every 1 hour , if your result touching your phone every 1 hour then no one complain about battery issue at all .....

4. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

My son watched a show on netflix, played some games, I have emails being pushed, about 30 text messages, about 5 phone calls. Pretty average use but the battery life is good, especially compared to my HTC EVO.

5. DJinTX macrumors 6502

Hey iPhoneChick,

Do you currently have backups to iCloud turned on? The reason I ask is because I had not enabled this until last night. Prior to turning it on I had been having good battery life also (except when trying to use the POS FaceBook app).

In any case, having turned on iCloud back-ups last night, and then starting with 100% today after charging last night, I noticed my battery went down very quickly today at work. I lost 10% with zero usage today in less than three hours. Before enabling iCloud backups I would get 2% drop under similar circumstances.

6. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

Has your iphone 4S turn on

- wifi all time
    - play game 1 hour
    - touch around 1 hour
    - bluetooth on
    - notification on
    - brightness 80 %
    - 40 application install
    - 1000 song install

if all of these has been use in your iphone 4s and your battery was 8 hour
    that is cool ...

but if is not then your phone is the same everybody now , because nothing is running background ....

7. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

I'm not saying it isn't, but why is it so hard for people to believe that I can have good battery life despite what others are experiencing.

My settings are pretty much all the same as when I got the phone.

Wifi On
    Location On
    Brightness 50% with auto on
    Bluetooth off
    Siri on
    icloud on
    Mail set to Push
    Calenders syncing

----------

Wifi has been on the whole time
    bluetooth is off, no need for it
    notifications on
    music installed
    mail is on push
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Netflix for 30 minutes
    games for another 30

8. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

your setting is ok
    congratualation your battery was great ......

9. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

For those claiming you have great battery life, I wonder if you also had the iPhone 4?

The OP demonstrated great battery life with his post, but I wonder all the other generic "great" comments have experienced the iP4?

I came from the iP4, and it performed circles around my iP4S. A typical day of usage would have me at 80% on the iP4 at bedtime. Now, I'm at 20% with the 4S. This wouldn't be an issue, except for days when I need to use my phone more than a typical day. On those occasions, I'll run out of juice before I get home from work.

I have my 4S settings the same as my iP4 (save the new Cloud features). Apple touted the battery as being relatively equal to the iP4, so Im hopeful the software fix brings it inline with my old iP4.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

Absolute rubbish. The numbe of apps and songs has nothing to do with battery life.

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Mine has been very good too

Had 7 hours usage
    1 day in standby

Followed by

6 hours usage
    1day, 4 hours standby

The worse has been

6 hours usage
    19 hours standby

And that was due to alot of edge usage as there is no 3G coverage at work. Got,push on too

Currently

52 minutes usage
    7 hours standby

88% left

12. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

Great battery!
    Gotta be a software issue for the folks having problems :eek:

13. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

14. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

When you pay hundreds of dollars for a phone, you should expect it to have a great battery.
    (relying/hoping for "good fortune" is unacceptable)

15. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

oh my ..... i need to get great battery like above reply ... how how ...

14 days return i may try it , if battery suck return get money back ....

16. vaugha macrumors regular

+1

17. TheiPhoneChick thread starter macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

No not the iphone 4, but an Android HTC EVO 4G which was notorious for having bad battery life. Infact I carried around 2 batteries because i could only get about 7 hours of battery life.

18. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

My usage on my 4S is identical to that of my 4 and I'm experiencing no battery issues, for what it's worth.

19. BAZ1307 macrumors member

My battery is equally as good when around the house, unless I play an iPhone 4S optimised game like Asphalt 6... Played that 2 hours yesterday and went from 100% to flat in one go. :(

Also, I hate how quickly the battery drains when I have no signal. Since I'm doing Music Technology at College, the walls are well insulated and sound proof and let no signal in whatsoever. When I spend a couple of hours in one of those rooms, my battery usually drains by about 20/30% without even using it. :(
    I'm starting to think about enabling Airplane Mode in those situations. Is this even normal?

20. mms13 macrumors 6502

Add me to the list of people with no complaints.

I'm currently at 12% with:
    Usage - 6 Hours, 32 Minutes
    Standby - 19 Hours, 58 Minutes

Pretty comparable to my iPhone 4...and I haven't even done a proper calibration yet! In the process of letting it die to do a full recharge cycle.

21. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

Battery status through last charge

Battery status over the past 3 days before I charged my phone last night:

[​IMG]
    Overnight with data, WiFi, BT turned off all night

[​IMG]
    After almost 24 hours, data, WiFi and BT turned off while at work for about 9 hours

[​IMG]
    After 2.5 days

[​IMG]
    Before plugging in last night

To achieve 65+ hours on one charge with the 4s, I've had to turn off data overnight and throughout the day while at work. WiFi on maybe 30 minutes a day, BT about 30-45 minutes a day only while commuting, minimal phone calls and maybe 15-20 minutes of games each day. My usage is very light but note that with my old iPhone 4 I'd get this kind of battery life with similar usage but without disabling data ever.

Doesn't make much sense for a smartphone if you have to turn data off, but makes sense to me because I don't care much for e-mails or notifications waking me up at night and while at work, I'd be lucky to get over 2 bars which leaves me with slow data, plus my work computer is connected to the internet anyway.

22. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

compared to the "HTC EVO'" ... you should love the battery life on your new 4S :apple:

23. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I certainly do! I was out running errands and shopping, when I got home, I still had a live phone! With the Evo, I'd have had to swap batteries and be lucky if it still didn't die, before I got home.