My 4S seems slow, PLEASE help with these questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orange42, Nov 4, 2011.

1. orange42, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

orange42 macrumors 6502a

Whether it's opening the camera app, texting, or just randomly using the phone, I get the feeling my 4S is not as fast as it's supposed to be. I restored from backup from my 3GS, which was restored from my 3G, so I have all my apps and photos from those phones on it.

The main reason I didn't want to set it up as a new phone was because I like to have all my text messages between certain people, mainly my family members that I have never deleted since I got the 3G in April 2009. Well now I am pretty much ready to give up on them and start over, but I have a bunch of questions for when I restore and set up as new phone...

1. I have a MacBook, so if I choose to sync my contacts they will all be the same ones that are on the 4S now, right? Will the contacts have the pictures/notes I have attached to them?

2. Will my contact favorites disappear?

3. When I enter a wireless network that was remembered, will I have to find the password for them again and reenter to use wireless?

4. Similar to my contacts, my notes are saved in my MacBook somewhere too right? So I should be able to sync them back?

5. Rather than writing all my apps down and in what order I have them on my screen/folders, is there anyway I can get them back the way they are without restoring from backup?

I'll probably edit this with more questions, but I would really appreciate if someone can help me out with these because I want this phone to be faster.

Thanks

2. orange42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well thanks for the help...

I did everything manually and when I went to bed my phone was at 100% and when I woke up it was still at 100%. That's a drastic improvement since I normally lose 7-9% over night. Granted I didn't have all of my apps set up yet and pushing, but still to lose 0% over night is big. I guess the battery did improve after setting up as new.