My adventure at the Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hawkfromnorwalk, Sep 25, 2013.

1. hawkfromnorwalk macrumors newbie

So I had to take my original iPhone 5 to the genius bar yesterday because of a speaker malfunction. About a week ago I noticed that the main speaker would stop working after being used a bit (I use it a lot for facetime calls and also if I am doing stuff around the house a lot of times I will load up IHeartRadio and let it play). Over the last couple of days however the speaker would stop working almost right away unless it was on very low volume.

So I made my appointment and drove out to the Apple Store and then I waited and waited and waited. They really need to stop overbooking appointment times. While I was waiting however I was in awe of how many people were bringing in brand new 5s phones with shattered screens. There were four of them just while I was there waiting. The damn phone just came out within a week, how do you shatter the screen so quickly? I treat my phone like I'm handling an antique vase so I am just absolutely confused on how these people are breaking them that fast.

Anyway, they get to me and luckily I was able to reproduce the speaker problem right away (I had an issue once with my iPad with the screen but since I couldn't reproduce the actual problem at that time they basically told me restore it and come back if it still didn't work which was a pain since they ended up replacing it anyway). They first took the phone back to replace the speaker which I wasn't the happiest about since I would rather have a new one than just a fixed one. But after they took an hour dinking around with it they decided it wasn't the speaker and they went ahead and gave me a new phone. So at least for my two hours of sitting around I did get a new phone out of the deal.

Anyway, that's my "cool story brah" for the day.

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

interesting. I've always been in and out once seen with a new. Never had them actually try to fix it.

3. AceMason macrumors regular

Nice! Was it the iPhone 5 or 5S ?

Same happened to me but my issue was with a black speck under my camera lens which showed up on my pictures/videos as well. They gave me a brand new 5.

4. hawkfromnorwalk thread starter macrumors newbie

It was my standard iPhone 5 I bought in February.

----------

That's how my experience has been in the past too. Usually they see the problem and just give me a new phone. I suppose though it's cheaper for the company overall if they can just replace certain broken parts instead of handing out new phone so I guess I can't blame them for trying.