My AEBS dosen´t work between 8 and 11 PM

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yoak, Aug 27, 2010.

1. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

I really don´t understand what´s going on here.
    Every evening (almost) I loose my internet connection. Thought it was my provider, but hooked up with a cable and the connection is fine.

I do have a WD 1T USB drive attached for TM backups of my wifes MB, so I´m thinking it has to have something to do with this set up.
    (I had this set up for a long time, but just recently started to drop my connection)

What happens is my MBP finds my network, then ask for the password, then tells me it´s the wrong password.
    When everything is fine, I obviously don´t have to write the password as it´s stored in my "Keychain"

Any ideas of what might be going on?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Try disconnecting the drive for a while and see if the problem persists. Also, do you have MAC filtering enabled? If so, do you have time restrictions set?

3. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

I tried unplugging the hard disk, no luck. I don't know enough about MAC filtering to know if I have it enabled. Where can I find out?
    EDIT: As predicted, I was back online around 11, anyone got a clue?

4. StephanDK macrumors newbie

try to log into it using Airport Utility..... and you will see.

Did you buy it 2nd hand ( the AEBS ) ?

5. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

No. I bought it brand new from an Apple reseller.
    I'm trying to log in, but it won't let me. The green light is on the AEBS. I do have an Internet connection if I use cable.
    My 2 networks show up, but I'm asked for a password and I'm just told unable to join network. It drives me insane

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

If you are having issues opening the AirPort Utility, then I would suggest connecting via Ethernet and opening AirPort Utility that way. If that still doesn't work, I'd suggest resetting your AirPort Extreme by depressing the reset button for about a minute. But if you manage to get into the settings, in the Access tab of the AirPort section, you'll see MAC Address Access Control.

7. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

Hi thanks
    I did a firmware upgrade and it almost solved my issues. Now my MacBooks are ok, but our iPhones can't connect to the network at all.