My Apple.com Reserved iPhone 5 email came ... I now have a 2 week wait !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Sep 14, 2012.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I got online at 12:15 and processed my order on Apple ... it said it could not reach carrier for upgrade eligibility.

I got my email an hour and a half later and I proceeded to continue with my purchase and at my checkout screen it does not sat Deliver the 21st. .......... It says "2 Weeks"

Screw them ... I went right over to AT&T site and pre-ordered right away with a 21st delivery date!

2. hastethedav macrumors newbie

same thing, someone at apple needs to learn what "reservation" means

3. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

I went through the order process and got my reservation e-mail at 12:04 am PST.

Still waiting to check out but expecting the 2 week or more shipping time now. Pretty disappointed about it, but oh well, what can you do? I guess I'll try to call Apple tomorrow and see what they say.

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSZYsyrP3Co ;)

4. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Obligatory Seinfeld clip...

http://youtu.be/4T2GmGSNvaM

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I got the same reservation email and checked out and saw 2 week delivery. Not a big deal. I'd rather order though apple than AT&T incase any issues come up. Easier to exchange (for a brand new phone instead of one from a black box) and full refund if I decide not to keep.

6. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

All iPhones can be exchanged at the Apple store regardless where you get it from. So as long as I get it on launch day I could Care Less where it comes from as long at it's on my doorstep next Friday!

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I am guessing the "ships within 2 week" crowd will have their phones delivered on 9/21. It is Apples way of covering their a$$ in case something happens.

I could be wrong, but in all my years getting iPhones I have have not seen per-order ship dates pushed back 2 weeks in a half hour.

8. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Too funny. Exactly what's happening in this case. Might have to show it to Apple.

9. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I could not take the chance since the AT&T one said will deliver by 9-21

Hope your right though cause this would be nuts to go from delivered on 9-21 to 2 weeks out in like 30 minutes.

I friggin HATE dealing with this crap every year ... why can't they EVER get this right.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Yes, except they replace with a phone from one of their black boxes and not from a brand new sealed one. Genius brought out a brand new sealed one to exchange and realized I had purchased from AT&T so he took the sealed box back and gave me one of their iPhones from their generic black boxes. Probably not a big deal to you but that kinda bugged me. lol

11. mactmaster macrumors 6502

Depends on when your reservation went through. I got the email just now and it still lists 21st delivery.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Check out and see what it says at the end..

13. hitteam macrumors member

hitteam

Mine said two weeks after I checked out, wtf! I'm going to call them to define wtf is reservation for they can't even hold my spot.

14. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

When i frist click it , it says delivers sep 21.... but then when i go further it says 2 weeks.... im wondering which one is right. Im going to call apple tomorrow

15. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Ya it says the 21st till you get all the way to the end then it shows "2 Weeks"

I got my reservation for me and my wife at 12:13 and 12:15 ....

Email came at 1:10 to complete reservation and went perfect .... Till The End !!! :mad:

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Well it's still a reservation....for the second batch most likely.

17. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Same thing here.

During Data Plan selection is showed Sept 21.

Now, at the end, it says "Ship: Available to ship: 2 weeks" with a greyed-out option "Pick up: Visit an Apple Retail Store starting 9/21".

----------

On my order status it stated "To ensure iPhone delivery priority, please complete your order . . ."

18. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

It doesn't matter whether you place the order through Apple, AT&T, or Verizon - they are all fulfilled by Apple, just like in years past. I figure those of us who received the 2 weeks notice on the Apple site will still get our phones on 9/21.

19. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I am going to call apple right now..... their store line is 24/7

20. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Even though it says Sept. 21 until all the way at the end at which point it says 2-weeks, did you guys place the order (and then figure it out later)? Or is it better to hold-off on it until it's figured out?

Not sure how to proceed at this point.

----------

Keep us updated.

I'll try to call them too. Although I don't imagine getting through will be easy.

21. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Lol due to high volumes they cannot take my call right now.... sigh.

22. chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

23. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Let me correct what I said earlier, it's not just not easy - it's impossible.

Getting the same "high volumes we cannot take your call" message.

Did you already put your order through? Or should I hold off?

24. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I havent put anything through yet... I wanna give the benefit of the doubt and think it will get taken care of , but also Im really not sure.. ojabfoiabfdqoifbfq2f

25. Henry Ford macrumors member

Damn -- 2 weeks just gave him a brain aneurism.