• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I was at the Edina Minnesota Apple store this morning. It wasn't packed to the rafters but still pretty busy. I asked one of the sales associates if the iPad Air was selling well. Her eyes lit up and she said they were "flying off the shelves". She also said a lot of people coming in thinking they would want the Mini ended up getting an Air instead. :)

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
I was at the Edina Minnesota Apple store this morning. It wasn't packed to the rafters but still pretty busy. I asked one of the sales associates if the iPad Air was selling well. Her eyes lit up and she said they were "flying off the shelves". She also said a lot of people coming in thinking they would want the Mini ended up getting an Air instead. :)

My Store in Las Vegas by the Airport said the same thing.

Comment

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Hey fellow MN resident =p I toyed around with the Airs at Southdale before grabbing a Tombile one. I had to call to a few T-Mo retail locations before I found one that wasn't sold out; grabbed that store's last day one stock. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
I asked at the store I bought mine from in the UK. "The best launch we've had" was the reply. Obviously they're not going to say it was the worst, but that's quite a strong way of putting it!

Comment

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I believe it. The Menlo Park Apple store in NJ was busy today with people looking to get iPad airs, and when I went to pick up mine on launch day, the personal pickup people were overwhelmed by the line.

It's not chaos outside the stores like we've seen for the 5s and previous product launches, but that doesn't mean the sales are bad. It just means that this time there's a lot more supply, and they were handling orders in a way that's more organized.

The retina iPad mini might be a different story though, if the rumors about low screen yields and poor supply end up turning out to be true.

Comment

Rogifan

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I asked at the store I bought mine from in the UK. "The best launch we've had" was the reply. Obviously they're not going to say it was the worst, but that's quite a strong way of putting it!

What's interesting is I went there on launch day around 9:30AM and the store was basically dead. Was in and out in 15-20 minutes. I guess people knew supply wouldn't be an issue so didn't feel the need to get there early on launch day.

Comment

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
I'm sure it's true that they are selling a lot, but also remember, they are trained on exactly what to say. It's like they're fed a script.

Comment

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
True but it's larger than an iPhone or iPod touch. Infact following your logic how come apple dong just sell the iPod Nano?

Ummmm, because there is a thing as too small? :confused:

They've sold millions of minis. The existence and success of the mini is beyond doubt.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.