My Applecare on late 08 Unibody already has Expired??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukanas, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

Im planning to upgrade my warranty but according to apple's website.. my warranty expired.. i did get one repair for the screen but does that expire my warranty??

could i buy warranty from ebay and then apply it? or can i NOT because the website says that my warranty has expired?

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It is impossible or *highly* unlikely your Warranty on your late 08 unibody has expired. Reason is AppleCare expires exactly 1 year after first purchase (that is if you didn't buy the extra protection).

That means AppleCare has to expire at minimum the 18th of October this year. Clearly it is not even October. I suggest you call Apple and ask what happened.

Edit - Noticed it's for Phone support. That expires after 90 days of purchase. However, its for 3 years if you get the Extended Warranty from Apple

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Of course phone support expires after 90 days. The Hardware support should not have. You should contact Apple Care directly and tell them the information is wrong. The warranty is based on the date you purchased the machine, so long as you bought it from an Apple Authorized Reseller, otherwise it is when they bought it from Apple. They may request that you fax them a copy of the receipt for verification, but that should be all you need to do.

TEG