My battery experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derrick2005, Nov 11, 2011.

1. derrick2005 macrumors regular

So my first 4s was getting really hot every time I charged it, and combining that with the battery issues I was having a genius swapped it out for a new phone a couple of weeks ago. 2 weeks of great battery life, fast apps loading etc. Yesterday, I intended to do the OTA update, plugged in to Itunes and backed up and then thought (so so so stupidly!) why not just update through itunes - yes, now I know that it downloads the ENTIRE OS. So, 35 or so minutes later I had 5.0.1 on my phone. And ever since I am back to the same poor battery life of my first 4s. Quite disappointed. Before deciding to go back and swap out again I plan to drain the battery and recalibrate and see if that helps, if not I will get a new handset I guess. Jealously reading all the people's great 5.0.1 experiences, especially as my battery issue was over for 2 weeks..

2. bosoxmrkn macrumors newbie

Are you suggesting that OTA updates fix battery issues while iTunes updates cause them?

3. salacious macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I was under the impression that new technology batteries did not need recalibrating?

4. cababah macrumors 68000

the lithium ion batteries themselves, no.

the software apple uses to calculate the battery life %, yes

5. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

not sure - i haven't done the OTA update! this is just my experience of the itunes update, and battery has been bad. also, i have had weird notifications, like introuding me to siri, and how to organize my home screen. i'm getting horrible drain like on the original phone...

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I updated my 4S via iTunes and have no problems, at all.

7. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, so i wonder then what the update did do my particular phone, as it is definitely losing a lot more than it was yesterday...