My battery life is amazing on my iPhone 5 (relative to previous iPhones)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scott-n-Houston, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I am amazed. I've getting 6 - 8 hours of "usage" time along with the standby being 17-20 hours. No other iPhone has done nearly this well.

I'm running auto brightness... sitting usually around 50%. I run with location services, bluetooth and wifi on all the time.

Here's the usage for today as well as the other night. I've also noticed that my passbook is activating location services every time I unlock my phone... it hasn't hit the battery like I thought it would.

Now... all this being said... I still wish Apple would heavily focus on improving battery life. It shouldn't even be a concern, but it always is. I'm just glad that it's not worse than my 4S!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. apierrec macrumors 6502

DUH, my iP5's battery life is impressive. So much better than my sluggish 4! :eek:

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

In 14 mins your battery has gone down from 23% to 1%. That's pretty alarming. We're you gaming during that period?

4. Scott-n-Houston thread starter macrumors 6502a

These pics are two separate days. The 23% one is now. The other is yesterday.

5. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I got my iPhone yesterday around noon from UPS...turned it on, set it up fresh, downloaded apps, searched for wallpaper, spent hour or two on phone, twitter, and sleep, woke up was at 40 percent.

Today I have done the same use and am at 3 percent right now. Compared to my 4S, I would have had to charge twice....

Letting it run down to empty tonight, charge it up and fresh start tomorrow.

Amazing battery life, and I am glad I started fresh.

6. kamalds macrumors regular

My previous phone, Galaxy s3 gets 8 hours+ active use easily. Standby time is much much much better too.

Now that I have the Godzilla Galaxy NOTE II with 3100mAh battery (ip5 has 1440mAh I guess), I am able to get it down to just 70% even after a whole day of heavy use.

You guys have been brain washed to the max. Sad.

7. stonyboys macrumors 6502

After you finished typing that, did you put your phone back in the man purse you now have to carry to fit that tablet?

8. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Yeah if I wanted a tablet for a phone I would have got the Note II, but nope I wanted a phone.

9. PAC88 macrumors 6502

over the past weekend, I went Fri-Sun on one charge. I was out of town and experimented to see how much I could get out of it for fun.. It was difficult and could not replicate this without being overly cautious:
    approx. 9.5 hours usage and 2.5 days on standby. (I also turned the phone off at night which is something I don't normally do)

With normal usage though, I'm also extremely pleased with the battery life.

10. kamalds macrumors regular

It is a phone and it does fits in my hands. May be iPhoners are liliputians!

If you cannot afford it, don't yammer about it.

11. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Yeah gotta hold it with 2 hands, i can hold and text with one, I prefer that.

12. Generik777 macrumors regular

Generik777

So your bragging that your phone which is physically bigger and thus able to accommodate a super large battery has better battery life than a phone designed to be small and thin.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your phone and let others enjoy theirs. Then you say apple users are brain washed, yet you're the one with such a strong allegiance to your preferred phone that you find it necessary to make your way over to an iPhone forum to throw insults around. You seem to be leading a very productive life.

13. cababah macrumors 68000

Must suck having to change your wardrobe to get your "phone" to fit in your pocket...

[​IMG]

14. aham23 macrumors regular

agree. i am getting battery life that i thought an iPhone could only dream off. so awesome.

15. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

LOL---You are absolutely, 100%, entirely FULL of IT!!! I've got both the GSIII and Note. Love my Note by the way---Love it!!! My wife, the GSIII. Keep in mind, my Note is the original---not sure how you have the new NoteII, as I didn't think it had been released yet (at least, state-side?). I just bought the iPhone 5 on release day. The iPhone 5 BLOWS my Note's battery life right OUT of the water!!! Now maybe---MAYBE the new Note has better battery life than the original...I'll believe that, but it's NOT going to have 70% of life at the end of a 'heavy use' day. Guaranteed. Sorry man---but again, as an owner of both devices...the GSIII is an absolute JOKE compared to the iPhone 5 as far as battery life. Our GSIII is only 2 months old. Our iPhone 5s double the life of the GSIII in day to day use, easily. And this is the dual core GSIII...not the Int'l Quad core.

You should read some of the well respected reviewers of the iPhone. Ars Technica, Anandtech, et al. The battery life is actually quite good--finally!

The iPhone 5 costs more than both the GSIII and GNote. Not sure what you're
    'yammering' about in a thread specific to iPhone battery life.

Again---you are wrong, Wrong, WRONG!!!! Sorry bud---I love both Android and iOS...but battery life is not one of Samsung's strong suits. Other Android manufacturers do a much better job. Did I mention I love my Note? :)

j