my battery service came out in My macbook pro guys this worry me so much??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by antoniojg25, Nov 24, 2011.

1. antoniojg25 macrumors newbie

Hello guys i am worry because this is the second time that it show my battery service they first time it came out was one day that my mom was using it and she spend several hrs playing with my macbook that day i really freak out, but i just charged the computer never happen again, this time i am actually sitting at work watching episodes of a show and the battery service came out again now should i worry and call the apple store i still have warranty on my macbook and just take it to the apple store so they can take a look at it Guys. I need suggestion and help please.

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

It simply means your battery has fallen under 80% health(which simply means it can only hold 80% of the charge it used to hold back when it was new) and it's nothing to worry about.

Batteries age with time and use, there's nothing wrong with your computer. If it worries/bothers you that much, buy and install a new battery and the message will be gone.

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I would take it to the apple store. If the battery is still below 1000 load cycles, they should replace it for free, since you're still under applecare.

If they refuse to replace it, you can basically ignore the service battery. It won't hurt your machine. Just be aware that it holds less charge now, so you will run out of power earlier.

4. Nick McEnjoy macrumors member

You did not tell how long you have used the machine. If it's under a month, return the machine and get a new one. Else, take the machine to an Apple store and ask them to check. If your battery is faulty, they must replace the battery under warranty. If both do not apply, and the battery is holding a charge reasonably for how much you have used it, ignore it.

Identify the problem and the responsibility first. You only buy a new battery if that is definitely your responsibility (and needs) to do so.

And dude, where do you work? Do they hire?

5. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

Hahah!! That made me laugh out loud in class. Everyone just stared at me. Worth it...

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios