My brother's retarded Zune is messing with my iTunes.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sief9, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Sief9 macrumors newbie

My brother uses Zune, and I use iTunes, so all my music get's messed up every once in a while, cause we share the same music. How can I get it so that, for example: I have the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, and I set it as "various artists", it has probably 10 different artists, and they all go under "compilations" at the very bottom of my iTunes.

What his Zune does is change the album artist on some of the tracks to (yet another example:) for one of the tracks the artist is "Danny Elfman", and it'll change the album artist, to that. And it annoys the hell out of me.

Anyone know how to get rid of this problem?

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

Get a separate account on the same computer. Or duplicate the folder and sync your iPod with that folder and have your brother use the previous folder. Syncing two devices with the same library is trouble. Just don't do it.

3. Eddie.exe macrumors newbie

Eddie.exe

I think iTunes and Zune are each trying to correct each other's metadata. So here's what I think you should do:

Open up the Zune Software, and on the top right: click Settings. Now make sure you're in the Software tab, and click on Collection on the left side of the software, scroll down to "Media Info" and uncheck "Automatically update album art and metadata"

That should solve the problem. I always have that set unchecked, I don't like any software correcting my metadata.

4. Eddie.app macrumors newbie

I agree with the guy above...

Careful though, he may be a virus! :O

...And yes, I did register this username for this post only.

5. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

6. Eddie.exe macrumors newbie

Eddie.exe

That was the whole point of my name :p

So how did it work out Seif??

7. Sief9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I haven't checked back here in a while, what ended up happenening is my brothers laptop finally got fixed, so he barely uses this one at all. Problem solved. :p :D