My carrier (Bell) just offered a $100.00 credit on an upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jjayf, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Jjayf macrumors 6502

Bell Canada just sent me an offer for $100 bill credit if I upgrade. Since I preordered the X from them and it's supposed to be available tomorrow, that means I save a hundred bucks off the price of my X. Due to the crappy Canadian dollar, I'm going to be able to purchase the X cheaper than you Americans for once. My dream device and a steal of a deal.. It's good to be me sometimes..

2. Megan Boyce macrumors member

Megan Boyce

nothing like that on their website?

3. Jjayf thread starter macrumors 6502

I received an email offer. I've been off contract with them for over a year, and I had planned to purchase my X out right and not re-up. I have grandfathered unlimited Canada wide data which isn't available any more, and since I work out of province, I use this feature all the time. I should be able to contract and keep the data, for $100.00 off it's worth it.

4. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

I'd be careful. I don't trust bell at all and this offers smells fishy. I would read the small fine print at the bottom of the email and I would actually call them to confirm that this offer is legit.

5. Megan Boyce macrumors member

Megan Boyce

6. rsxmachine macrumors 6502a

How much do u pay per month. I have. A feeling that $100 credit won’t mean anything. I pay $35 a month for 4gb and unlimited calling through Telus network.

7. Megan Boyce macrumors member

Megan Boyce

$35/month?? i know ppl using telus and have 80+/month

8. Jjayf thread starter macrumors 6502

I pay somewhere around 85 a month. That gives me unlimited nationwide data, unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited roaming, and enhanced voicemail. Data is throttled after 16 gigs, and I usually hit that a day or two before rollover, so I use 4X the data you do. The big thing for me is the nationwide data and calling as I work in another province. Roaming would be horrible.