My Contact photos in Exchange and Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by buckZor, Jan 13, 2014.

1. buckZor macrumors newbie

buckZor

I am a recently converted Windows guy, really really trying to be a Mac guy. So be gentle. :p

My digital life is in a mailbox on a corporate Exchange 2007 SP2 Server. My mail, my contacts and my calendar all live there. For years I have gotten by using Outlook (Windows), current version at the time.

Loving Mac OS. Hating Outlook for Mac. I refuse to use it. Have Parallels, it works ~'OK' but I want to run pure Mac.

Whats bothering me right now is editing (Exchange) Contacts within the Mac App. It seems able to edit everything but the Photo. It appears I must fire up the stupid Outlook 2011 (for Mac) to modfiy the Photo of my contacts. Is this a bug in Mavericks? Is there another way? It's so easy to edit the photo of a Local Mac OS (or iCloud) contact and I am LOATHE to open Outlook 2011 and do it there.

Appreciate any advice.

2. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

No, it's not a bug, it appears to be a simple functional omission. It's been that way since at least Lion. You cannot edit the photo for Exchange contacts within the Mac Contacts App. You will have to do it through Outlook, or on a Windows machine. I use a PC and Exchange at my office and a Mac at home, and to get photos into my Exchange contacts by doing it at the office.

iCloud contacts and their photos can be easily edited on the Mac.

3. buckZor thread starter macrumors newbie

buckZor

I was afraid of that. The best process I've come up with so far is to use Touchdown to update photos. It provides a fairly fast and painless process for updating Exchange contact photos and after a couple minutes the Mac is aware of the update and displays the new photo.