My contract is not up question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lyons00, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

I have AT&T and I'm not up for the upgrade. Can I still buy it at full price without messing with my contract, like I did for the 5?

Thanks

2. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

Yes.

3. Lyons00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Great thank you!!

4. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

There's nothing on the AT&T site, but when I ordered the 5s, my contract was only about a year old. I didn't get the full contract discount, but AT&T gave me a discount. I paid $549 plus tax of $67. I wonder if they are going to offer a discount this time, or just offer the Next plan, which I'm not really interested in.

5. Lyons00 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not interested in the next plan either. But can't find it anywhere to buy at full price with AT&T. Anybody find it?
    Thanks

6. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

I found it on the Apple Store site. Just follow the links for AT&T, put in your phone number, zip code and last 4 digits of your ssn and your eligibility and prices will come up on a separate screen. I found that I can buy the iPhone on 9/21 with a $200 discount since my current contract isn't completed yet. (I'm not quite a year into it.)

7. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I guess At&t moved people who were close to upgrade eligibility on up. I checked one of my lines yesterday and it was due for a full upgrade on 9/15/14, but it now shows me eligible today for a full upgrade. I might dodge camping out just yet! For others with upgrades that are coming due, I'd say it's worth checking into.

8. Lyons00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Haven't found it yet. Are you saying I can't preorder on Sept 12 at full price?
    Thanks

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Same here on Verizon. I was not eligible until Sept. 21, and I just checked and it shows I am now eligible. Nice.

10. ceaguila macrumors member

I can't find this information on the Apple website either. I still have a year left and I want to upgrade. However, I don't want Next.

Also does anyone know if you'll be able to pre-order at Best Buy? I have Best Buy Credit Card.

11. Lyons00 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just called Apple and AT&T and they both said even with the next plan available, we can still order at the full price. Apple said it won't show that now on the apple store app, but once preorders are available it will show then. Hoping this is all true. Anyone hear any different?
    Thanks

12. ceaguila macrumors member

I just found it!.

I still have a year left on my contract with ATT and I checked the eligibility requirements and I can do early upgrade. Instead of paying $649 for example it's $449 for the Iphone 6 16GB. I get a $200 discount on all models. Check the Apple website

13. Lyons00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Will that take away my unlimited plan?
    Thanks