My daughters 5th Birthday Bash video shot on the iPhone 4 Princess Party

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonjames, Nov 16, 2010.

1. jonjames macrumors regular

here's a link to a video i shot on my iphone 4 of my daughters 5th birthday party. Princess themed with a pink pony! thanks for checking it out. let me know what you think!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr1y-GEICEs

2. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

The party and the theme look really cute.

As for the actual video, well it just looks like a typical home video. The video has little stabilization and looks like it was shot with a shaky hand. I'm really not a fan of the music choice either. I mean, I actually enjoy Lady Gaga, but I don't think it fits with a five year old's princess themed birthday party.

And since it is a home video to remember the event later on, I probably wouldn't have completely eliminated the audio in the clips in favor of a musical track (though I'm not sure if the iMovie app on the iPhone allows for this).

3. SnowDX macrumors 6502

When I click the link it tells me it could't load the movie. (on my iPad and it opens the YouTube app)

4. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

thank you for your honest opinion.....truth to it is, that it is a typical homevideo, shot with my hands holding the phone and the reason i chose to use lady gaga is because those are my daughters favorite radio jams, and they were the actual songs that they were dancing to. i first tried a disney theme song but in my opinion it just didnt fit the speed of the video, and i dont know many other songs that would work well with it. thanks for watching it tho!

5. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Can't watch on ip4 either... Must be a flash video LoL

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Good video. I agree with the previous poster though. "Just Dance" was a good selection but "Bad Romance" should get replaced. Having lyrics like "Vertical Stem" is something you are going to explain to her later. LOL

This song would probably work much better and be fun as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecpOSfPURtk

Just a suggestion. I use to do this stuff for a living. Song choice is key to add spice to any home video.

I still find it amazing what the iPhone can do. 20 years ago I never thought it would be possible to shoot and edit video on a portable device. Heck, even simple special effects like dissolves was an expensive proposition back then.

7. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I've found, that when shooting video with the iPhone 4, I am able to have more and better stabilization if I hold my elbows to my sides. This will keep your forearms more secure and you'll have much less shaking.
    Just keep your biceps and elbows next to your body, you'll have a smoother capture.

9. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

Looks like your daughter had a wonderful birthday and that is most important!

Thanks for sharing.

10. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

+1!
    OT, It goes fast, so enjoy it...