My drunk friend slept and peed with my iphone in his pocket!

hippo3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
so he tells me the next day in the afternoon! im like wtf? so the lens has fog so i dry it out completly. two days pass nothing, so i open it up lift up the motherboard and see corrosion on the contacts to the battery :eek: i grabbed some contact cleaner and cleaned them up. and now i dried it up put everything back together, and now charging it but still nothing.. im afraid it might be fried.. :(
any suggestions? more cleaning?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Giving your urine soaked iPhone back to your friend and making him buy you a new one would be my first suggestion.

He should have already offered. That's just disgusting.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Holy water sports...

Your "friend" did the damage, have him get you a new one?

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
As others have suggested, your only option is a replacement at this point
Your friend should pay, but given the circumstances, I somehow find that unlikely

mac88

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA.
so he tells me the next day in the afternoon! im like wtf? so the lens has fog so i dry it out completly. two days pass nothing, so i open it up lift up the motherboard and see corrosion on the contacts to the battery :eek: i grabbed some contact cleaner and cleaned them up. and now i dried it up put everything back together, and now charging it but still nothing.. im afraid it might be fried.. :(
any suggestions? more cleaning?
I suggest you find a more responsible friend. Not one who has yet to graduate out of diapers. Good luck! :D

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
is his name Hodge??

sounds like a friend of my sons. my son had a party last summer when we were at the lake. came home late Sunday night and cralled in to bed at about 1am and DAM!! (ya he slept in our bed while we were gone)

Anyway his other friend has a 3g. I just put a new screen, dock connector, and vibrate button 2 weeks ago. the next Sunday he woke up and it was sitting in water he said....brought it to me and I took it apart and removed the logic board and battery. you could actually flow the BEER from one end to the other! put it in rice for a week. took it out this morning and cleaned the parts real well. it smelled like he had chinese food and beer for dinner!

but I fixed it!

hippo3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
they checked them with the doctors use to check ur ears and i just told them it didnt charge. lol brand new 3gs satisfied!

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
keep nagging him to pay for a new one and after a week or two if he wont ,break his phone but if it is a r tard phone then sue him and the lawyer fees will drag on so then the best thing to do if he wont pay for it after nagging him u go get it replaced for 199.

or u could tell his mommy
and (not to be offensive) if ur a women sleep with him or vice versa even if ur gay sleep with him (once again no offense)
or if u have connections in the mob quote "leave the gun take the canolies

hippo3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
they gave me a genius report after that. but yea its good that some apple genuis's are kind etc. imagine if i told her the real story she prolly would have threw the phone at the little kid standing by and knock him out to make everything akward while she slowly walks away...