My experience with at the Genius Bar was as quality as it comes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isoft7, Oct 20, 2011.

1. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I ordered an iPhone 4s on the 7th, got it on the 14th, noticed the next day that when it got warm there were issues with the screen.

Made an appointment yesterday, walked in... had to wait 45 mins, but no big deal. Employee came up, shook my hand, took my phone, we talked over the problem, he ran some diagnostics, we joked around a little, he then went into the backroom, got a brand new iPhone 4s for me, we turned it on, checked it out, I signed a form, he shook my hand and I drove home with a functional iPhone 4s.

I've never experienced a more pleasant customer service strategy.

Well done Apple, well done.

2. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

They're great if they know how to help.

My iphone has trouble sending any emails, and the genius was not able to help. he played around with the settings, didn't fix the issue and just walked away.. now i have an iphone that i can't email with :(

3. Pravius macrumors regular

I really cannot understand why more companies do not have this style of customer service. I have worked retail so I know that the customer is very rarely right. But in cases like this, it's really nice to know that Apple is a hassle free experience.

I have recently had some horrible customer service and it's refreshing to know that a company still practices good customer service.

One of the main reasons why now I will typically buy apple.

4. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Has to be an issue with your email service, not the phone itself. All it knows is data, ones and zeros, it doesn't know if it's an email or an MP3.

I would contact your ISP or email service provider and ask them for help directly.

Good luck dude.

5. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

they really are the best.

6. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I worked plenty of retail when I was a younger man, customer service was totally hit or miss, it all depended on the person working the job.

It seems Apple actually has a plan and educates their employees in hopes to provide a more stable customer service experience.

That is the difference.

7. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

maybe it has something to do with the $80bil+ money they're sitting on? i'd say that has a lot to do with how they can operate in their customer service strategies

8. Pravius macrumors regular

No, that's a big reason why they earned the 80bil+ they are sitting on.

9. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

I had a great experience with the Genius Bar last January when having issues with my year and a half old MacBook Pro.

Basically the hard drive crashed (system would freeze up and then when I tried to reboot it would just be stuck on the apple bootup screen). I did have apple care and the first time they simply swapped the drive out. Two weeks later it happened again. The same Genius helped me again and after some consultation they determined it may be an issue with the logic board. They determined the best way to handle it was just give me a new MacBook. They gave be a brand new retail one still in the box. Since it had been a year and a half since I bought my old one, I got a processor bump and bigger hard drive. To say the least I was pleased.

That is why I am an Apple customer. For a big company they do know how to take care of customers. Are there some bad reps for them? Sure, any company that big is going to have some. But most of my interactions with them have been great.

10. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have only had the best of experience with these Apple people.

I suggest that many who claim they did not walked into the store with their butt on their shoulders!:eek:

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

It's been hit and miss with me. I've had experiences just like the OP described and I've had arrogant jerks who weren't helpful at all.

12. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I had a great customer service experience also at the Apple store here in Florida. I was having trouble with my iPhone 4 a month or 2 ago, i suspected it was a hardware issue, but I knew it was out of warranty, still, I went to the Apple store and asked if there was anything they could do. They ran some tests, and couldn't figure out what the problem was, as I assumed they would not since it was intermittent, however, after talking to them for a bit, polite and friendly the whole way through, they gave me what appeared to be a new 32gb ip4. That was for a well out of warranty ip4 with a problem that while serious, they couldn't duplicate, they simply took my word for it, I wasn't inventing the issue, but I suppose I could have been.

I was very impressed.

13. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Love hearing stories like these, especially since I can relate. A long time back Apple replaces my 2G iPod touch with four cracks on the screen for free. They replaced my water damaged iPhone for free. Replaced my Magic Mouse for free after the battery leaked everywhere inside it. And they replace my headphones for free every single times something happens to them.

14. aristobrat macrumors G4

IMO, there've been stories like the OP's going back to 2001, when the first Apple Store opened. Apple Retail likes to say "it's in our DNA".

Not that they've figured out a magical way of literally pleasing everyone that walks into their stores, but IMO, they're one of the few retail establishments that come the closest to doing so.

15. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Sorry for your issue, but that is on you for leaving with it not working.

16. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

The genius specially said he couldn't do anything to help, it's in "some settings on my email account i need to fix". I've spent hours on my end trying to figure it out prior to making an appointment at the apple store. thanks.

17. Brazzy macrumors regular

This is pretty much how all my experiences have gone with apple. A few times I've gone in there p!ssed off and left with a smile on my face. I've always loved apple's customer service.

18. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Sounds like an issue with your email server. Try deleting the account and re-adding of.

19. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your help. I've already added/re added multiple times, tried several SMPT servers and still failed. I created another thread about this issue, seems like a few other users have this problem so it may be a system/server issue rather than something I can fix myself (having tried numerous attempts via many methods found from google).

20. Pravius macrumors regular

You by any chance have a charter communications pop3 email that you are trying to get working?

Charter sucks ass! I have had my charter email issue for a long time now with no resolution and it's all on charter to fix.

21. NYCoolRunner macrumors newbie

Can't say enough good things about the Apple Store. I don't have an iPhone (not yet), so I guess this should be in the Macbook Pro portion of the site :D, but I'll say it anyway. My girlfriend's MBP wasn't responding to me trying to put Snow Leopard onto it. I tried what I could, but I am not exactly a professional at this. I walked in, he put SL on there within 10 minutes, and then gave me a new battery (as the current one was bloated and he said it was a safety hazard) for free. She was out of warranty for a few years as well. Very big reason why I will always stick with Apple products.