My Exposé Blue Blob is Beyond My Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by isonoise, Dec 16, 2008.

1. isonoise macrumors newbie

I'm quite new to Mac, but so far glad I made the switch (new MBP unibody). At work, I hook my MBP up to a 24" monitor; at home, I just use the MBP's own display (until the new 24" screen I just ordered arrives).

At work today--while in 24" (1920 x 1200) mode--I must have dragged the blue Exposé blob down to the bottom-right. Now, back at home (in 1440 x 900), my blue blob is outside of reach of the screen. When I activate the Spaces select screen, I can briefly see it during the transition between the spaces view and normal view.

I tried deactivating it and then activating it again, but it hasn't restored it's position.

Do any of you have any suggestions on just how I might get my blue blob back when this happens, short of waiting until I'm back on my 24" monitor?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. isonoise thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I should have mentioned that, but I did try restarting it.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Blue blob.

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Try turning off Spaces.
    Beyond that I know of no pref file name that might help. Dock.plist? Finder? OR just disable it and assign a keyboard shortcut.

Not Leopard. No wonder I couldn't find it. Maybe look for com.apple.expose.plist and toss it. I guess.

Wait... how is that blob activated on a new MBP?

Confused.

7. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Nope. I just did some poking around, and it still works in Leopard, and you can reset the position using

defaults delete com.apple.dock wvous-floater-pos
    sudo killall Dock

Edit: That blob sure is ugly, though.

8. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Not confused any more. I still like F13-14-15. :)

9. isonoise thread starter macrumors newbie

Brilliant, man! Thank you. My blue blob is restored....by BlueRevolution. How apt.
    Whoah, hey, them is fightin' words. ;)

I find the blue blob very useful, though. I know I can assign a hot corner to do that, but my hot corners are all taken up by other things.

Thanks for the help, BlueRevolution--you've just made my Evernote Mac tips archive.

10. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I like hot corners, personally. Since the following command (selecting a window) will likely take place with a mouse, it's more efficient to use the same device rather than switching back and forth. That's why I like the Abracadabra plugin for Quicksilver, too. Schmooth.

:eek: