My father passed away a couple of months ago

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cmfuld, Jun 27, 2010.

1. cmfuld macrumors newbie

He had a bunch of songs on his ipod/itunes library, that I would like to have. Is there any way for me to transfer those songs from his itunes library onto my iphone?

I added his MacPro to my home sharing network, but when I try to sync, it says that It will reset my iphone.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can only sync with one library.
    If you sync with his you will lose all your stuff on it and will have all his on your phone.
    Just copy all the songs from his library to a USB drive and transfer them over to your computer.
    Then you can sync them to your phone and keep all the stuff thats already there.

3. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

Sorry for your loss. I would take the songs off the computer and add them to your libray. Then synch with you computer.

4. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Yes its pretty simple. You have those songs in itunes I assume.

If they are not from the itunes store, just burn them to a cd/dvd but burn them as an mp3 disc. Then you can simply import that cd/dvd to your itunes.

5. cmfuld thread starter macrumors newbie

Most of the songs I am interested in were purchased with itunes. Can i still move them from one computer to another?

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You can, but if they were purchased with DRM you will need to know his password and authorize your computer on his account. You could upgrade them to avoid that if that works for you too.

And, most of all, i'm sorry for your loss.

7. jersey macrumors regular

If they are purchased songs, simply create a playlist of the songs, burn the playlist as a music cd, then rip the cd into your iTunes.