My first macbook. What are best games out right now an Alum. 2.4 using OSX?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by scubasteve03, Jan 9, 2009.

1. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

I am having a tough time finding a good game for my new 2.4 Al MCB w/2gb ram. I love 1st person shooters. Right now I don't have the money to buy XP, so I can only game on OS X. I am not a fan of Oblivion type games, more shoot em up type. LOL Thanks guys for your help.
    Scuba Steve

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

You wont be able to run any games in amazing graphics quality, but COD4 is out!!! yeah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D and also halo for mac you know it rules.

3. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

I was quite pleased how well my MB ran a game demo i downloaded from Apple......i just wanted to see how it looked, the frame rates were ok.........far better than my old intel based whitebook...

But for games playing we stick to our consoles.....

4. qwikrex macrumors member

Only games I have installed at the moment are COD 4 and WoW. Might throw Warcraft III on if I get bored.

5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Install Windows if you are in any way serious about playing games. Not only will you get better performance from your games (most Mac ports are utter garbage and the graphics drivers are terrible and rarely updated) but it will save you money in the long run.

I can get the Windows version of Call of Duty 4 for £14.99 right now - the Mac version is more than double that. So if you buy Windows, you'll easily make your money back in savings on game software.

6. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502