My Free Incase Snap (Smoke) Has Been "Prepared for Shipment" for 48 Hours!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jw nyc, Aug 13, 2010.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Not sure what they have to do in order to prepare this case for shipment but wtf is going on!? For those of you who have already received your free cases, how long did it stay on "Prepared to Ship" and how long did it take to receive it once it did ship? Thanks.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

you're getting a case for free - and what was the original ship date? I'd suggest taking a breather. You've gone this long without a case - what's another day or two?

3. _Matt macrumors 6502

I'm in the exact same position with the same case. Hey, it looks like it'll deliver earlier than expected. My estimated ship date was August 27th.

4. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm not sure how anyone felt okay going this long w/o a case. I bought one and put it on before I left the store. Okay, that's an aside, but still.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

The nerve of Apple to make you wait for your free case!

6. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh I don't really care about the case (I prob won't even use it) but I'm just curious what the "Prepared for Shipment" means and why it stays on that for so long.

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I requested the same free case. My original email on July 23 said it would ship August 27 and deliver by September 1st. I just received an email this morning however notifying me that it has already been shipped. The email says it will deliver by August 20th though.

8. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Umm how do you know when I got my phone?!

Granted, I did get it on launch day and have been fine since without a case.

9. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Was guessing based on the ship date for your case. :)

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Seriously. I had a cheap ebay case and cheap ebay front/back protectors before I got my iphone4.

Didn't Incase at some point say the smoke Snap wouldn't be out until August 16th? Maybe they're prepping shipments but waiting for the date? In any event, it's a free case, not something to worry about.

For what its worth, mine still says Ships Sept 2nd. Waiting patiently.

11. timerollson macrumors 65816

Mine was on prepared for shipment for that length of time too. It shipped yesterday.

Well, I opted for the Speck Fitted Case so....

12. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

13. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Jesus, these noob package receiver threads are annoying. This is what happens when 14 year olds experience their first package.

14. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Eh, you'll get it when you get it. Hold your horses. :)

15. CKohkah macrumors 6502

16. nohite macrumors member

Mine shipped this morning. This is after receiving refund on the bumper. Thank you Apple!

I will probably not use it that much. Will see. I like my phone naked. This is after it survived a drop on the concrete. (with a one inch long scratch on the back)

17. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

Just got mine today and put it on a minute ago. The first impression is that it is a fingerprint magnet! I just touched the back and there are so many fingerprints on there. I've never had a clear case so this must be a drawback for all of them.

Other than that, the fit is good. Haven't tried out the flash yet.

also my shipping estimate was Aug 19. But got it today.

But for free, I can't complain

18. rubdom macrumors member

Just received my "smoke" and it looks more like purple or lavender. Not cool. I thought smoke was supposed to be more of a gray. Maybe I'm wrong.