My friend on Sprint iPhone 4s, blew me away

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vankenn, Oct 2, 2012.

1. vankenn macrumors newbie

His speed was 0.16mbps down and 0.1up. He gets this very consistently. Unlimited data but you have to eat it slowly, very slowly.

Unreal.

2. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

Yeah I liked the sprint unlimited plan until I found out about the data speeds. Returned two iPhones the next day and cancelled. What a joke. Unlimited data is pointless if you can't even use data.

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah sprint is really slow on 3g. Once they get LTE expanded it will be worth it.
    tell him to update his PRL. that will help. my roomate got a .5 mbps boost after that.

ill stick with my verizon unlimited :)

[​IMG]

4. Joeymac1 macrumors newbie

Once they get LTE expanded they will start weeding out the unlimited data plans.

5. thefredelement, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Sprint is horrible on any phone. They really have quite a scam going. I've been going back and forth with them for awhile now. I'm at the point where they gave me one $45 credit for unusable data on 3 phones and I've started my barrage of complaints, starting with the FCC last night for false advertising.

They used to be decent, now they are horrible. I know they are re-gearing their network and will have LTE in two spectrums at some point in the next two years but I'm tired of paying full price (except for this month with the credit) while not getting anywhere near full service.

Additionally their first line CSRs are not knowledgable, empathetic, or even educated and subsequently their more advanced retentions team and/or executive team aren't very helpful albeit more understanding.

Sprint won't let me out of my contract, won't provide decent service and won't give me a consistent monthly credit based on their network's performance. If that's not ripping people off I don't know what is.

6. Jungle Jack macrumors member

Hello,
    Down here in God's waiting room (Florida), Sprint 3G is actually not that bad at all. Better still, LTE is coming here pretty soon. I need to DL Speedtest to check it out, but I have had no issues watching Netflix, browsing, etc.
    Cheers.
    JJ

7. iWantThat macrumors member

I was getting those speeds consistenly also with my 4S on Verizon. Now that I have the 5 I routinely get 10-13 MBPS down. Haven't seen anything even remotely close to the speeds by the poster above, however.

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

sprint? maybe.. but not for a while. Thats the only thing they have going for them.

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

On my Sprint 4S in Boston, I routinely get .8-1.5mbps down and 1mbps up. Which I find perfectly acceptable for CDMA 3G.

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

thats great for sprint

11. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Wow. I'm on AT&T, and I don't have LTE in Columbus yet, but I get 10-11 Mbps down and 1-2 Mbps up on HSPA+, so I'm good.

12. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I would really be happy if Sprint had decent data. I'm actually kind of jealous when I see other Sprint users with data speeds above 0.02 (my results). We have an upgrade on our account now and I'd love to dive in to the i5 without having to switch carriers for all 3 phones.

However, in my location (Long Island, NY) two things are true:

1. I will be getting an iPhone 5
    2. It will not be on Sprint

13. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

That is about what i currently get with Verizon, in the Cincinnati area. really need to get the 5 and LTE

14. zildMacjian macrumors member

ha, i can get 7to10 mbps on 3g on three in the uk

tho most the time it is around 1to3

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I can stream Pandora and the internet radio stations on the SOMA FM app over 3G just fine in my area, even when driving around in my car. 3G is apparently fast enough to feed my iPhone streaming data without buffering.

Maybe my standards just aren't up to where everybody else's are, but I've never been unhappy with the speed I get on Sprint. 4G/LTE will be great, but I'm fine with what I have right now.