My friend on Sprint iPhone 4s, blew me away

vankenn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
His speed was 0.16mbps down and 0.1up. He gets this very consistently. Unlimited data but you have to eat it slowly, very slowly.

Unreal.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
His speed was 0.16mbps down and 0.1up. He gets this very consistently. Unlimited data but you have to eat it slowly, very slowly.

Unreal.
Yeah I liked the sprint unlimited plan until I found out about the data speeds. Returned two iPhones the next day and cancelled. What a joke. Unlimited data is pointless if you can't even use data.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

Unreal.
yeah sprint is really slow on 3g. Once they get LTE expanded it will be worth it.
tell him to update his PRL. that will help. my roomate got a .5 mbps boost after that.

ill stick with my verizon unlimited :)

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Sprint is horrible on any phone. They really have quite a scam going. I've been going back and forth with them for awhile now. I'm at the point where they gave me one $45 credit for unusable data on 3 phones and I've started my barrage of complaints, starting with the FCC last night for false advertising.

They used to be decent, now they are horrible. I know they are re-gearing their network and will have LTE in two spectrums at some point in the next two years but I'm tired of paying full price (except for this month with the credit) while not getting anywhere near full service.

Additionally their first line CSRs are not knowledgable, empathetic, or even educated and subsequently their more advanced retentions team and/or executive team aren't very helpful albeit more understanding.

Sprint won't let me out of my contract, won't provide decent service and won't give me a consistent monthly credit based on their network's performance. If that's not ripping people off I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Jungle Jack

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Hello,
Down here in God's waiting room (Florida), Sprint 3G is actually not that bad at all. Better still, LTE is coming here pretty soon. I need to DL Speedtest to check it out, but I have had no issues watching Netflix, browsing, etc.
Cheers.
JJ

iWantThat

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011

Unreal.
I was getting those speeds consistenly also with my 4S on Verizon. Now that I have the 5 I routinely get 10-13 MBPS down. Haven't seen anything even remotely close to the speeds by the poster above, however.

Fuchal

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2003
On my Sprint 4S in Boston, I routinely get .8-1.5mbps down and 1mbps up. Which I find perfectly acceptable for CDMA 3G.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Wow. I'm on AT&T, and I don't have LTE in Columbus yet, but I get 10-11 Mbps down and 1-2 Mbps up on HSPA+, so I'm good.

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
I would really be happy if Sprint had decent data. I'm actually kind of jealous when I see other Sprint users with data speeds above 0.02 (my results). We have an upgrade on our account now and I'd love to dive in to the i5 without having to switch carriers for all 3 phones.

However, in my location (Long Island, NY) two things are true:

1. I will be getting an iPhone 5
2. It will not be on Sprint

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I can stream Pandora and the internet radio stations on the SOMA FM app over 3G just fine in my area, even when driving around in my car. 3G is apparently fast enough to feed my iPhone streaming data without buffering.

Maybe my standards just aren't up to where everybody else's are, but I've never been unhappy with the speed I get on Sprint. 4G/LTE will be great, but I'm fine with what I have right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.