My friend pointed out that I am living in an apple invested world of my own

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by applecybergirl, Aug 24, 2008.

1. applecybergirl macrumors newbie

applecybergirl

My friend who i haven't seen for a while pointed out the other day that she thought that I was obsessed with apple products. I looked around my pad, well yes i have a power mac and an imac , a shuffle , a nano an ipod 60 gig 2 iphones an apple tv and a time machine . I looked at her and said no not really I just happen to have a few apple products as i like them. She thought I had too many. I don't think that I have . Just how many apple products do you have to own to be obsessed with them, if you like something i don't see what the problem is. Perhaps she's jealous. Two days later I went to her place for coffee to my amazement her lounge was full of teddy bears so many in fact that I could sit down for them. I looked at her and before I could say anything she said well like them . Just who is the obsessed then I thought. I will now be increasing my collection of apple items to compete :D:D:D

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

So now you're friend becomes 'justification' for new toys? :D :p

3. applecybergirl thread starter macrumors newbie

applecybergirl

well yes that's my excuse and I am sticking to it :D

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

You've already acquired a nice stash, so what's next on the agenda? :eek: :cool:

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Just look around your friend's apartment and see how many Sony, Phillips etc. products are there. TV, radio, phone, mp3 player, cordless phone, DVD player...

Chances are she's got just as many electronics as you do, just other brands, or a mixture or brands. No one notices those, and everyone notices Apple because of the consistent design and all the media attention lately from the iPhone.

When you buy Apple, you get the compatibility along with the product. Your gadgets can for the most part be synched with each other and come designed to interact, hers probably can't/don't. :p

You win. :D

6. noaccess macrumors 6502

I assume you haven't tried killing your grandfather, or else hell knows what would have happened to this universe. :)

7. applecybergirl thread starter macrumors newbie

applecybergirl

As for the last quote I mean time capsule , I have a habit of calling it a time machine, but won't it be cool if you could go back in time , suppose not . As for next requirement a mac book air .AS FOR MY FRIEND YES SHE DOES HAVE TV RADIO'S AND DVD SONY ECT . perhaps my is not all that bad hey ;)

8. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I'd say obsession starts with a dozen or more computers.

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Or that Apple hardware frequently has a lot of problems with non-Apple peripherals, or that Apple users can only understand how to install Apple peripherals along with their computers. Anything else clearly is just way too hard for many :p