My friend's iPhone4 was locked by me,help~~

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zoloben, Jun 7, 2012.

1. zoloben, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

zoloben macrumors newbie

Good morning everyone, my name is Tom Potter(and my Chinese name is 宋志强). I am a college student in China.
    Here's my problem: A classmate ask me to download some songs to her iPhone 4 ,I did it and I also helped her updating the firmware to 5.1.1,then the problem appeared. The phone was locked!
    The iPhone was an AT&T phone, my classmate used to use gevey to make the phone enable to identify the SIM card, but the gevey just doesn't support the newest firm,so the phone was locked again.
    Then I tried to call the AT&T for applying unlocking the iPhone,however the customer service reject me due to my lack of AT&T account. So I wonder if anyone with an AT&T wireless account can help me to give a call to the AT&T customer service,I'll appreciate it,longing for your contact,thank you in advance!:):p

My E-mail address:zoloszq@gmail.com mobile no:86-18059830913 skype ID:Captain Song

Or you can leave me your email,I'll contact you,thank you very much.
    And I'm sorry I don't have any facebook and twitter account cause Chinese government doesn't allow her citizen visit these website as well as youtube.....:eek:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

宋志强, No one can really help you with that because I think someone needs to put that phone on their AT&T account then get it unlocked. Doing that for a total stranger on the internet seems like a bad idea.

3. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Surely the owner of the phone should call At&T, not you? Also as stated above, seems a bit dodgy?

4. zoloben thread starter macrumors newbie

But the phone is none-contract and the customer service told me that I can unlock it with my friend's account.. really.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But then you just need your friend, right? Where is your friend?

6. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

i doubt a random stranger is going to help you, I'm going with jessica on this one try to contact the original person it was purchased off

7. troy14 macrumors 6502a

You seem to be in luck! a 5.1.1 unlock was just released!!

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

you will have to jailbreak the phone, and then install ultrasn0w to unlock it.

8. zoloben thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Thanks,I'll check it.

9. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Don't update the phone in the future without asking her, when she relies on a unlocked sim.