Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

belmardays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
My gripe with iPhone Mail is the lack of search. When you have hundreds of messages spread across multiple inboxes, and only a tiny mobile device to scroll through them all, search is an absolute necessity. The people at RIM got this right and the Blackberry email search was fantastic and allowed you to search separate fields, multiple fields, etc. Search inside of email is the killer feature for all Mail applications IMO, and on my Mac at home I have every email I've ever received across multiple accounts, now spanning back over 3 years, so search is important. This needs to be fixed for anyone to use the iPhone as a serious mobile replacement for email.

Oh, and there's no way to respond to parts of an email, only the whole thing. No way to select text, copy, nor paste. No way to add multiple photos to one email message. No way to hit "Email Photo" and choose what email account you want to send from, it automatically uses your default account.

there has go to be a way to search your in box

belmardays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
problem solved i broke down a got a blackberry curve from sprint for $99 ,,,now i have 2 phones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.