My Guess For Steve's Wording When He Shows New iPhone....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SAG3194, Jun 6, 2010.

?

Do you think I'm right?

1. Yes! Put more money!

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. No, get out while you can!

26 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. SAG3194 macrumors 6502

SAG3194

Im betting with Uncle that he will say the following when the picture of the new iPhone.

"So iPhone HD/4G (or what ever the beep its called). This is what it looks like (Goes to slide that shows a picture), but most of you already knew that."

hahah I'm so confident. It's such a Steve thing to do.

2. Skinfaxi macrumors member

Wouldn't doubt it. There's no way they can get through the keynote without cracking a couple jokes.

3. Screwtape macrumors regular

How great would it be if instead of showing the leaked phone, he shows a pic of a 3GS just long enough to piss everyone off and then he says "Nahhh, I'm only kidding, here's the real new iPhone..."

4. nateharr macrumors 6502

That actually sounds very..."Steve."

I also wouldn't rule out a joke with another iPhone 3G model design. When he first announced the iPhone it was so sudden, but he got a joke in there quickly. He showed a picture of an iPod with a rotary dial instead of a click wheel. Then he just flashed a picture of the front of the real iPhone.

5. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Nah he'll just walk out, post up the photos of Chen with the leaked prototype and say "Balls" then he will go into the discussion of the features. Guarantee it.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

LOL.

Or he would show the photo and said, because of this guy there is no iPhone update this year. (yeah that's not going to happen).

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I think he'll go for the warm fuzzy factor and let Gray Powell introduce the phone.

8. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Actually I could see him going on with the introduction like nothing has happened. Like no one other than select people at Apple have seen the new iphone. I doubt that Jobs would give the people responsible for the leaked images of the iphone any such clout or acknowledgment.

If I was betting on anything, I would count on it being business as usual, with few jokes about the whole gizmodo thing. Though I could be and usually am wrong.

9. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

or even better the first gen iphone design

10. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

Well you didn't listen to him at the D8 conference then. He might just introduce it like normal, but he already acknowledged what went down.

11. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I was not able to catch that interview. So forget what I said about him not mentioning it. ;) I guess that's just what I would do, if I were the man. I don't like other people dictating how my plans should go. I've always believed that if someone steals your thunder, just ignore them and go on with your plans like you had orginally planned to do.

12. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

I doubt he'll acknowledge it at all. He quickly talked about it at d8 in an interview setting...but in this setting, it's all about control...he maintains it.

13. RobBookPro macrumors regular

I think all of the photos he puts up there should have a big "APPLE EXCLUSIVE" watermark on it to take the piss out of gizmodo

14. M87 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't be surprised if he mentions the incident, but definitely not as part of the reveal.

15. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    If he's really bitter about it he'll try not to reference Gizmodo and the incident, though I can't see how he can avoid it - it would be oddly sterile if he sidestepped it altogether.

16. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

That would be funny and it would also calm down a lot of people who say Apple has become this miserable company that is doing everything they accused their competition of doing in the past.

But with that said, there's no way it'll happen. Because, as we know, Gray Powell has been hanged, drawn and quartered and his head is on a pike at that beer garden.

17. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

"Yes! Put more money"

What does this even mean?

18. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

19. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

"Oh and one more thing... We were going to announce a new iPhone, but we can't find it".

20. angevil macrumors regular

If I did the presentation, I would act as if nothing happened and would introduce all of its features in detail. I hope Steve does the same. Jokes are not necessary at all. I would put Gizmodo′s people in jail together with the person who sold it to them.

21. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

"The iPhone is an incredible success story, over X millions have been sold, blah, blah... Today I am happy to introduce the new iPhone...

Words might be different but we can all imagine his body language and tone.

Steve Jobs impressions and Apple keynote parodies with new iPhone mock adverts will follow during the day. That will be the most entertaining part.

22. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy