My hard decision...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeniusJon, Jan 17, 2012.

1. GeniusJon macrumors regular

I had to make a very hard decision today... well, hard for me.

I had the choice between an iPhone 4S or HTC Sensation XE (both off contract & unlocked). Judging by my name, you would have probably guessed that I chose the iPhone. You are absolutely wrong. I chose the Sensation XE.

I didn't choose it for the headphones, I own a pair of Lady Gaga Hearbeats anyway. I chose it because of its raw speed and looks. I'm not diving into specs, but generally speaking, it's faster. Looks wise, the iPhone might be glass and aluminum, but I prefer the all black with red highlights. That looks sexy to me.

I'm not computer retarded, so updates won't be a problem. I don't care if I'm getting updates a few weeks/months late... unless its a "if you don't have this, your device will self-destruct" update. All the apps I use normally are available on the Market so no huge "migration" process is need. The new HTC sync supports iTunes, so all my album art gets transferred as well.

So what am I trying to say? There are other phones out there besides iPhones ya know. ;)

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Enjoy your HTC Sensation XE.

Good bye! :D

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Lady Gaga Hearbeats !

I must be getting old....

Enjoy

:cool:

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Enjoy, have fun!

I remember when ga ga was something my son screamed when he needed his diaper changed....

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Have fun. Just don't troll here to justify your purchase. Go join your android friends. Bye.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You don't have to justify why you bought something that's not an iphone, lol.
    It's all good. :)

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

8. irDigital0l Guest

9. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

10. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Hey, a droid is the next best thing to an iPhone.

11. rkeato1 macrumors regular

12. derickdub macrumors 6502

Cool story bro.

I had to look them up too. They don't look anything like that now. They actually aren't half bad looking, but still a little on the feminine side.

http://beatsbydre.com/images/products/6401/glam_gaga.png

Regardless of how they look, they're made by Monster FFS. They're overpriced and hardly great.

13. GeniusJon thread starter macrumors regular

On the topic of Heartbeats, they were on sale ($49.99) and they are actually quite good. It's not worth it if its not on sale though. I have the original (triangle) ones and they look fine on a guy. But hey, to each his/her own.

Oh yeah, how is sharing my experience with the internet considered trolling. It's not like I bash Apple. I owned many Apple products and probably will own many more.

14. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

My life feels so much more complete having read this thread.

15. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Well, considering this is an iPhone forum and your post isn't really related to the iPhone, I think that's what people are considering trolling. Why did you feel the need to inform an iPhone forum about your choice of an handset that isn't the iPhone if not to "stir the pot" ?

16. permol macrumors newbie

Congrats

Congratulations to your choise - what puzzles me is that nobody commented on the fact that you probably at the same time left the "wonderful World og iTunes"?
    This the one point keeping me on iPhone: the music I bought and cannot easily export to another player. Basically the lock-in designed by Apple Works on me: started with an iPod, bought music, ran everything in iTunes: locked-in

17. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

[​IMG]

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

Congrats...nice headphones by the way. $49 is not bad.

19. ZipZap macrumors 601

Yawn............

.............wait there's not "dozing" emoticon?

20. rmwebs macrumors 68040

On the one side I'm happy for you. I've owned many a Android phone and a whole bunch of iPhones and loved each and every one of them so am sure you'll love your new HTC.

With that being said, you posted in the iPhone section, where you're pretty much guaranteed to find not only a bunch of iPhone fans, but some of the crazy 'Andr0idz copied iPhone it sux' morons. I hate the morons who participate in the stupid iOS vs Android debate, but you deserve to be slagged off as your post here is clearly just to start an argument.

21. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I would even consider some of the Android phones out there right now - but why that one?!

I just feel like there are better options. But enjoy your choice!

22. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

turned my old android phone into a voip phone to get free minutes when I work from home.

Cool story eh?

23. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

damnit miss.manson beat me to posting that picture lol

24. LatinaC09 macrumors regular

LatinaC09

Ummm what was the point of this thread again? :rolleyes: