My hard decision...

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
I had to make a very hard decision today... well, hard for me.

I had the choice between an iPhone 4S or HTC Sensation XE (both off contract & unlocked). Judging by my name, you would have probably guessed that I chose the iPhone. You are absolutely wrong. I chose the Sensation XE.

I didn't choose it for the headphones, I own a pair of Lady Gaga Hearbeats anyway. I chose it because of its raw speed and looks. I'm not diving into specs, but generally speaking, it's faster. Looks wise, the iPhone might be glass and aluminum, but I prefer the all black with red highlights. That looks sexy to me.

I'm not computer retarded, so updates won't be a problem. I don't care if I'm getting updates a few weeks/months late... unless its a "if you don't have this, your device will self-destruct" update. All the apps I use normally are available on the Market so no huge "migration" process is need. The new HTC sync supports iTunes, so all my album art gets transferred as well.

So what am I trying to say? There are other phones out there besides iPhones ya know. ;)

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA

I had the choice between an iPhone 4S or HTC Sensation XE (both off contract & unlocked). Judging by my name, you would have probably guessed that I chose the iPhone. You are absolutely wrong. I chose the Sensation XE.

I didn't choose it for the headphones, I own a pair of Lady Gaga Hearbeats anyway. I chose it because of its raw speed and looks. I'm not diving into specs, but generally speaking, it's faster. Looks wise, the iPhone might be glass and aluminum, but I prefer the all black with red highlights. That looks sexy to me.

I'm not computer retarded, so updates won't be a problem. I don't care if I'm getting updates a few weeks/months late... unless its a "if you don't have this, your device will self-destruct" update. All the apps I use normally are available on the Market so no huge "migration" process is need. The new HTC sync supports iTunes, so all my album art gets transferred as well.

So what am I trying to say? There are other phones out there besides iPhones ya know. ;)
Enjoy your HTC Sensation XE.

Good bye! :D

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Enjoy, have fun!

I remember when ga ga was something my son screamed when he needed his diaper changed....

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
You don't have to justify why you bought something that's not an iphone, lol.
It's all good. :)

derickdub

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
VA
Cool story bro.

I'm guessing your a female, because it would be tough for a guy to pull the Lady Gaga headphones off.

http://hypebeast.com/2009/09/heartbeats-lady-gaga-headphones/
I had to look them up too. They don't look anything like that now. They actually aren't half bad looking, but still a little on the feminine side.

http://beatsbydre.com/images/products/6401/glam_gaga.png

Regardless of how they look, they're made by Monster FFS. They're overpriced and hardly great.

GeniusJon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Canada
On the topic of Heartbeats, they were on sale ($49.99) and they are actually quite good. It's not worth it if its not on sale though. I have the original (triangle) ones and they look fine on a guy. But hey, to each his/her own.

Oh yeah, how is sharing my experience with the internet considered trolling. It's not like I bash Apple. I owned many Apple products and probably will own many more.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Oh yeah, how is sharing my experience with the internet considered trolling. It's not like I bash Apple. I owned many Apple products and probably will own many more.
Well, considering this is an iPhone forum and your post isn't really related to the iPhone, I think that's what people are considering trolling. Why did you feel the need to inform an iPhone forum about your choice of an handset that isn't the iPhone if not to "stir the pot" ?

permol

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
Congrats

Congratulations to your choise - what puzzles me is that nobody commented on the fact that you probably at the same time left the "wonderful World og iTunes"?
This the one point keeping me on iPhone: the music I bought and cannot easily export to another player. Basically the lock-in designed by Apple Works on me: started with an iPod, bought music, ran everything in iTunes: locked-in

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007

On the one side I'm happy for you. I've owned many a Android phone and a whole bunch of iPhones and loved each and every one of them so am sure you'll love your new HTC.

With that being said, you posted in the iPhone section, where you're pretty much guaranteed to find not only a bunch of iPhone fans, but some of the crazy 'Andr0idz copied iPhone it sux' morons. I hate the morons who participate in the stupid iOS vs Android debate, but you deserve to be slagged off as your post here is clearly just to start an argument.

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
I would even consider some of the Android phones out there right now - but why that one?!

I just feel like there are better options. But enjoy your choice!

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
turned my old android phone into a voip phone to get free minutes when I work from home.

Cool story eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.