My house is being plagued by at least 2 spirits, to be documented

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MrCheeto, Feb 21, 2010.

1. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I live along with 3 people, to be referred to as Panda Duder and Maude for the hell of it. Everybody except Panda is a sensitive to "spirits". I, personally, have lived in 3 "haunted" houses, one which is so active I promise to someday return with friends and document our stay. I have never had a spirit attached to me, rather they are different and I suppose attached to each house. The active house is very most likely evil, the only evil I've encountered until now.

Three weeks ago I left the house to visit family in México and attend a mass at the church de San Juan. I didn't hear about any of the happenings upon my absence until after I had feelings of a presence upon my return.

The whole story.

So I arrive home and kick back to relax. Later I'm making a quick stop at the bathroom when I start to feel something surrounding me, as a sensitive this simply means there is a presence nearby and to the uninitiated this is usually what a first encounter of a single spirit feels like.

I walked out cautiously and informed Maude that there was something in the bathroom. She says then, "oh, yeah there's been some things going on I have to tell you about".

-Her story.
    About one week after I left, a presence filled the house. When she sleeps she is now awakened by a being leaving her room. Somehow or another she feels that somebody has walked out of her room but feels a presence directly outside the doorway. All the other roommates report that they have not been in the room and are often even in a deep sleep when it occurs.

One spirit is seemingly attached to Duder. It is a near 4' tall black being with brown "arms" with hands clasped in front and hanging down. It is black, not wearing black, and has no face but a thin neck and tiny head. It has been seen in the garage and Duder often mistakes it for Panda before realizing Panda is either asleep, in another part of the house entirely, or is GONE from the house. The being most often appears in this scenario: Duder is home alone and hears footsteps pass behind the couch that she is sitting on, when she turns, nobody is there. When she sees it from the corner of her eye, she believes it is Panda until she tries to focus on the being but it vanishes as soon as she notices it there and realizes Panda is gone from the house.
    As well it seems to move impossibly fast, creating shadows throughout certain rooms, and ONLY Duder seems to be able to see the entity. It has often run past Duder's room and into Maude's, and upon Duder's questioning, Maude reports NOTHING having moved into her room.

Panda was taking a shower when suddenly a black hand with slender black fingers lightly placed their fingertips on the shower curtain and pressed in as if feeling around in the dark. (This is the same bathroom in which I felt a presence and was only informed of after I felt the presence myself. Needless to say I do NOT enter that bathroom now. More on that later.)

Something that I've never encountered and I cannot explain is a "tremor" throughout the house. They describe that there was thunder that lasted almost half a minute and shook the house. They did not feel shaking, however there are light fixtures and other objects that make distinct sounds when doors are slammed and such. They somehow knew instantly that the sound originated from a particular closet in the house. When they opened the closet, my belongings that I had left meticulously arranged, had been RE ARRANGED! Either that or it was a on-the-spot story created to explain away my complaints of somebody having been in my closet.

Lights apparently appear to switch themselves. Panda was standing in a doorway and Maude was having a conversation with her. Directly behind her a light came on with NOBODY within feet of the switch. After my return, strangely, the lights in my room (where the thunder and tremors came from) and the bathroom (with the presence) no longer work. ONLY these two rooms have been effected in this way and I've called an electrician to investigate. I am almost CERTAIN that these rooms are not on the same fuse and I've reset every switch in the switch box as well, nothing. (To be updated after the electrician visits.)

Maude and Duder, whom sleep separately have reported that in bed, they feel and hear a thud on the mattress as if the cat has plopped into bed with them, as she commonly does. Yet, when they look down or reach down, NOTHING is there and nothing can explain the sensation.

Now-
    I am home and trying to relax, but it's difficult with these entities and an evil presence. I have never had a problem with entities, but evil spirits draw the line with me.

Since I've been here, I've had the same feeling of the cat jumping into my bed, however my door is shut, the cat is elsewhere and there are no rats in my house. It is the first time I've been physically touched by anything supernatural, and it is NOT something I'd wish on somebody.

I've not seen any movements or shadows at all.

Every night, and as I type this with tears welling in my eyes, I hear the voices of a soft-speaking man conversing with a woman. I cannot hear the woman however I KNOW she is there. I would be convinced that the TV is on or that somebody is in the entry-way. The problem is, currently, I'm home alone and the TV's and cable boxes are completely powered down. I constantly hear the sounds of somebody jiggling the handle of the french doors in the rear of the house or stepping lightly past my bedroom. At first I felt somebody was trying to actually break into my house and I've been on edge clutching my gun, still unsure of the source of the sounds. They seem to go away the moment you decide to pursue them. However they will go on endlessly as long as I sit still in my bed. It's as though they're hiding from me.

Documentation-
    I'm setting up a firewire cam to my Mac to record behind the couch to hopefully catch the black figure that appears when only Duder is home. Hopefully it can play nice with me too.

Thanks for reading through my ordeal. Please do not ridicule, I'm a reasonable person. I don't believe in the devil, demons or other super beings, however once you and all that are with you experience something that simply can NOT be explained by ANY means...it becomes clear that science hasn't explained EVERYTHING.

Check back often for updates.

2. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

That's truly scary OP. I would move out if I were you. I wouldn't try messing with any video cameras as I think it would turn into a "Paranormal Activity" type of thing. No matter what, I suggest you move out as soon as possible. You could be living with a poltergeist, which is very dangerous.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Interesting story(s) to be sure

There have been 3 times in my life I have "felt" something I could not explain
    I won't tell my stories here, this is your thread
    While most things have a reasonable and rational explanation, I cannot discount someone else's experience out of hand

4. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

Welcome to the club of haunted homes, you'll get used to them and figure out ways to ignore or stop thinking about them. A bottle of vodka or scotch does the trick :)

Stuff I've personally experienced:
    --glowing face on a wall of a spirit, it disappeared after a family member I yelled out to see it... it bothers the other family member to this day when I talk about it.
    --strange woman who sits at the edge of my bed or tucks me in late at night(2-3am).
    --a scent of flowers in a room that doesn't have flowers
    --hearing somebody calling my name when nobody is in the house :eek:
    --being touched when nobody is in the house :eek:

Outdoors:
    --Shadow people/figures (my best guess is either a British Soldier or Colonial Soldier, where I live there has been reports of this kind of stuff quite often followed by a scent of a musket being fired)

5. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

@macdawg. It'd make it a more interesting read between the updates :p

@greygray. I've lived with entities for so long, I feel naked without them. My only concern is that they are suddenly SUPER ACTIVE with us all and seem to single us out. I have a serious problem when some unexplainable beings actively try to plague us.

I'm now in the living room watching the TV and recording the area with a cam on my mac. Can't wait to actually get something :D

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

That black/brown thing sounds ****ing creepy as hell.

I don't believe in that kind of stuff, but I do wonder if my unbelief is just to protect myself - because honest to god if I see one for real (not just out the corner of my eyes or something - that's just my imagination), I'll freak the **** out.

The ****?!

7. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I happen to know for a fact if I saw that Tim Burton $@&%, and I'm again being completely candid on this forum, my pants would be brown and drippy and I'd be running down the streets and never returning.

8. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

That is what I still think of to this day... a good reason why I still listen to a CD/iPod when I go to bed. Try not to think about it or jump out of bed in panic. Also I still use a nightlight, even while traveling I carry a nightlight :(

9. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I think that's called air freshener :D

10. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

People call us cowards, but honestly, how tough would they look after seeing the things we've seen?

As well, I'm sooo on edge at the thought of seeing that thing...I don't understand how Duder can just blow it off.

11. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

I don't own nor use air freshener... or potpourri. I'm guessing you never lived in an area which hasn't changed much since the colonial era huh?
    (ex: if I dig 25-50 feet down into the yard I find old broken pottery, native american arrow heads and sometimes colonial musket balls)

12. nonocei macrumors member

Hey OP,

That's some pretty interesting and scary stuff. I had never believed in ghosts, spirits or anything of that nature but that changed at my last house. Often times while at home I'd randomly hear boots walking around on my hardwood floor while no one else was in my house. I'd check it out but there was never anything. I would feel as if someone was watching me, but never felt like I was in danger. Needless to say, I have moved far away from that place.

I'm interested in updates!

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

MrCheeto — you mention a couple of times that you have a cat. Does the said animal ever react at all to anything, be it seen or unseen by you and your friends?

14. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

The cat is very young still, and so, is a spastic unpredictable time bomb. I honestly couldn't judge if it was or wasn't reacting to anything.

15. Xfujinon macrumors 6502

I am downright terrified by your story.

I am terrified that there are people out in the world that, with a straight face, can type and believe the things you just posted. Wow. What a species we have.

Probably won't sleep well at night. Not afraid of the non-existent spirits, but I am cold-sweat horrified that minds as gullible and unthinking as yours populate this planet.

Let me know when hobgoblins, faeries, leprechauns, minotaurs, djinns, efreets, daemons, wendigos, chupacabras, UFOs, and small grays pay you a documented visit. I'll be the first in line to kneel before you.

16. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Right, ok.

So when you hear voices and footsteps in your house, what's your explanation? It's just our imagination? Oh, right, all three of us imagined the same thing at the same time, that happens a lot, ya know?

I'll even PM you the address of the place with the most activity. It's a rented property and is often empty (wonder why), so feel free to check it out and have a stay ;)

17. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

How many people live in your house?

How many bedrooms,bathrooms etc.

Serious question.

18. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

3 rooms, 2 bath, a living room and office.

4 people and a cat in total.

19. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

While I do share your sentiments, I believe it may be more helpful to try to understand, rather than to ridicule. Not all that long ago, even rational beings believed in sea serpents, witches, daemons, angels among us, etc. Some people still do. Thankfully, the world has since then become more rational - for the most part. But we really have a long way to go.

I do sympathize with OP and I feel sad that some people live in this state of terrified existence. By all means, science has not explained all around us. At the same time, it offers some tools that may help individuals to deal with this type of feelings and emotions. Personally, if I were to feel this way, I would either reexamine my spirituality, or seek a help of a medical professional.

And unlike you, I will sleep perfectly well tonight.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It always helps when more than 1 person experiences it too. I still don't know what to believe, but both me and my girlfriend have seen glowing spheres (one night I saw something in the corner of our room, I was half asleep and saw it there. Realised that it was a big WTF and woke the girlfriend up. She saw it too and shouted a bit then it just vanished). Me and my dad have seen 3" dark things (like insects but just vanish into thin air) dart across walls and ceilings. The dogs used to react to them too. I've got other stories too but I was on my own for them so they're not important.

Logically there's no reason for them I know. But there they were.

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Thank you.

Now another serious question. Please don't take this as racism.

Are you guys Hispanic or African-American ?

22. djellison macrumors 68020

I was thinking the same thing, but in the exact inverse of how you meant it.

23. MrCheeto thread starter macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Why you racist muh...oh, nevermind.

They're all white and I'm, of course, a Chito...from Mèxico.

As for the people calling me a cooc, let me tell you this. I put reason and science first. You think I WANT to believe there are ferries dancing around in the forest? I only believe these peoples' stories because I can sympathize. I don't believe in actual spritual beings, but I have no other way to describe them. Scientifically, they are unexplained phenomena.

The ONLY other explanation is that I'm losing my mind, the problem with that is that no 2 people (4 in this case) find the same images in the clouds.

24. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I looked up the true names of the spirits in my spirit guide for you their real names are Jack Daniels and Jim Beam.