My iMac G5 speakers don't seem to be able to handle high pitched sound in a movie...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nrx, May 20, 2010.

1. nrx macrumors newbie

I have a 24" aluminum iMac G5. I have never had a problem with sound before, and feel like this problem is isolated to a certain DVD but the DVD works on EVERY other player I own. Everything pretty much plays DVDs, so that's many!

So here's my problem: There's parts of this movie that have very high pitched sounds, like electronic sounds that are just sound effects in the movie. Whenever I get to those parts in this movie (maybe even other movies for all I know, I don't play many) and the sound goes quiet, like the speakers can't handle that high pitched sound.

I feel there must be something I can do about it, right? I just use the regular default DVD player application that pops up when I put a DVD in. I tried playing with that equalizer but nothing changed. Any ideas...?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Built-in speakers normally have a fairly limited range compared to standalone. I recommend biting the bullet and getting a nice set to plug in.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

May I ask what is an Aluminum G5 iMac? Do you mean a G5 iMac or an Intel Aluminum one?