Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Saw both the 5C and 5S in person this afternoon.

The 5C is rock solid and feels incredibly natural in hand. I held a 5C and the a 5S, and the difference in comfort is very apparent. 5S' hard edges don't make it feel very friendly.

I did not like the new colors on the 5S very much. Spaceship gray was only ok. Not bad but not a standout either. Gold seemed flashy. The 5C colors were ok. I liked white and yellow. Blue was ok. Green and pink didn't appeal to me. iOS 7 looked better on the 5C than the 5S to my eye.

I am wondering why the home button on the 5S doesn't have the square icon that is present on the 5 and 5C. Small detail but I like the icon.

I walked away liking the 5C more. Johnny Ive really did a great job with the design.

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I admit that I don't crave the latest and greatest hardware, so the 5C's specs are fine with me, especially with the nice exterior. I mostly want my devices to work well and be useful.

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
If the price were lower, I would have bought two 5c. But since it's only $100 cheaper, we are getting 5s.

But I can see everyone being very happy with a 5c, looks like a great device, and much better build quality + software support in a 5c than so many junky Android devices that manufacturers abandon on release.

chdwil

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
That's a really good theory. I hadn't even thought of that.

We'll duhhhhh. Why put a bunch of lines in front of an identity scanner??? I suppose the police should put a square on a all of their fingerprint files.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I'd been messing around with getting my 5C set up the way I wanted it and hadn't bothered playing any music. Wow, great audio chip in this thing (or else the Paula Fernandes tracks I picked for my test just happen to be really, REALLY simpatico with the 5C's audio). I'm very favorably impressed.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I was like a zombie this morning after the past two days. I totally forgot to even check out the 5C. Tomorrow if I get time I want to see it in person.

I was in and out in prob 90 sec

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
We'll duhhhhh. Why put a bunch of lines in front of an identity scanner??? I suppose the police should put a square on a all of their fingerprint files.

Your post is pointless.

Anyways, I think the 5C does look okay. I have a 5S now coming from the 5 and I am thinking of returning the 5S. Not worth the $700 coming from the iPhone 5.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
What's spaceship gray?

Kidding. I don't like the colors of the 5c either. As I said in another thread, if they were darker and more vibrant I wouldn't mind them. Even the blue and green are "feminine", IMO.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
Saw both the 5C and 5S in person this afternoon.

The 5C is rock solid and feels incredibly natural in hand. I held a 5C and the a 5S, and the difference in comfort is very apparent. 5S' hard edges don't make it feel very friendly.

I did not like the new colors on the 5S very much. Spaceship gray was only ok. Not bad but not a standout either. Gold seemed flashy. The 5C colors were ok. I liked white and yellow. Blue was ok. Green and pink didn't appeal to me. iOS 7 looked better on the 5C than the 5S to my eye.

I am wondering why the home button on the 5S doesn't have the square icon that is present on the 5 and 5C. Small detail but I like the icon.

I walked away liking the 5C more. Johnny Ive really did a great job with the design.

Agree. The 5C feels very comfortable, possibly more so than the 5S. I also miss the home button icon on the 5S.

That said, I'm still buying the 5S for the internals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.