My in-call sound volume is INCREDIBLY LOW, even when turned on MAX

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by siriusmuzik, Dec 13, 2007.

1. siriusmuzik macrumors newbie

My in-call sound volume is INCREDIBLY LOW, even when turned on MAX.

Anyone know the reason why? It's absolute crap actually as I can't even hear anyone outside, literally. I can't understand a word they say and I'm starting to get really frustrated. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks

2. ay98182 macrumors member

Have you by any chance left the plastic cover on the iPhone (the one that's protecting the front when you take it out of the box)?

I left mine on for the first day because I was worried about the screen getting scratched and I could barely hear anything people said during calls, as it covers the hole where the sound comes out of.

3. siriusmuzik thread starter macrumors newbie

OH MY FREAKING GOD LOL!!!!! WOW... THAT WAS IT! I'm sooo embarrassed :eek::eek::eek:

4. siriusmuzik thread starter macrumors newbie

btw, is it much better after you've taken it off? I still want to wait until I get iSkin REVO before I take it off.

5. ay98182 macrumors member

I thought it might be that :) cos I had the same symptoms!

It is a lot better once the cover is off, so I'd recommend getting rid of it right away, the screen doesn't scratch that easily (I was just very careful with it until I got my Power Support crystal film - which btw is a brilliant cover; it's actually easier to scroll etc than with the naked iPhone screen)

Alternatively you can just peel off the top of your film up to the screen and cut it off. It's not very neat but will do for the short term - all you need to do is make sure that the oblong hole at the top of the iPhone is clear!

6. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

7. siriusmuzik thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, I forgot to thank you kind sir! :D

I'm a happy camper now. I just took it off lol

8. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

Hahah same thing happened to me, I was waiting for my case and I thought my iPhone was defective the first time I used it!

9. Dave B macrumors member

Same thing happened to me, I was cursing the phone for days saying how crap it was, then after searching on the internet realised my problem :(

Dave

10. SAFC2403 macrumors member

+1 for me too.

I was very disappointed with it till that point......:eek:

11. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Hahaha me too! :D

I can highly recommend the iskin revo and crystal film. They are available from the apple store and are the best combination out there.

The wife has a pink case and i have the blade blue. When putting the screen protector on spray water on the film then shake off the excess. You can then adjust the protector whilst it dries. You will find that doing it this way you will end up with a perfect fit. I can not tell there is a screen protector fitted, no bubbles etc.