iPad mini My iPad mini Retina keeps showing the low-battery image after charging it overnight.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Investor27, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Investor27 macrumors regular

I started getting the low-battery image (the one with the black background and an empty battery icon with a single red bar at the bottom) whenever I started to turn on the mini Retina in the morning even while it is still plugged into the charger. It's started happening this week, and it was the 3rd time this morning. After the low-battery icon goes away, the iPad turned itself off, and I have to hold both the home button and the power button for a few seconds for it to turn back on. The white Apple logo then comes on indicating that it had rebooted itself. I'm still getting around 6 to 6 1/2 hours of run time playing Hay Day, with only the WiFi turned on, with the Blu-tooth and Cellular turned off. Does anyone know what's going on, and how I can fix this, so that it will just boot up normally after charging it overnight? Bought it around December of 2013, so it's been over a year now.

2. wakinghour macrumors regular

you should do a system reset in settings (while keeping all your content). this should give the device a refresh.

3. Investor27 thread starter macrumors regular

Is there such a setting? All I see are the "Reset all settings" and "Erase all content and settings."