Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Pro My iPad Pro 12.9 Generation 2 Apple Leather Sleeve fits my iPad Pro 12.9 Generation 4 with Magic Keyboard

PROFESS0R

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
All,

Using shoe stretch fluid and a book that was slightly larger than my OEM Apple leather sleeve that was made for my second generation iPad Pro 12.9, I sprayed the inside of the sleeve until it was saturated, put a book inside a gallon size ziplock bag, and stuffed the book into the sleeve. I then weighed down the sleeve with a heavy backpack to keep it flat. After about 4 hours, I took the book out of the sleeve, let the sleeve air out, cleaned it with leather cleaner, and slid in my 4th generation iPad Pro with the magic keyboard attached with absolutely no issues. It works perfectly and looks like it was made for my new 4th generation iPad Pro 12.9.

I love that I managed to repurpose my old apple leather sleeve. If you have one laying around... give it a try.

Joe

Reactions: Lsmachado

AutomaticApple

macrumors 601
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
All,

Using shoe stretch fluid and a book that was slightly larger than my OEM Apple leather sleeve that was made for my second generation iPad Pro 12.9, I sprayed the inside of the sleeve until it was saturated, put a book inside a gallon size ziplock bag, and stuffed the book into the sleeve. I then weighed down the sleeve with a heavy backpack to keep it flat. After about 4 hours, I took the book out of the sleeve, let the sleeve air out, cleaned it with leather cleaner, and slid in my 4th generation iPad Pro with the magic keyboard attached with absolutely no issues. It works perfectly and looks like it was made for my new 4th generation iPad Pro 12.9.

I love that I managed to repurpose my old apple leather sleeve. If you have one laying around... give it a try.

Joe
You should create a YouTube tutorial on how to do that. :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.