My Iphone 3G battery now needs frequernt recharging. What can be done?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaybar, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502a

jaybar

Hi

I have an iphone 3G which was purchased in December 2008. As the phone ages, I seem to have to recharge the battery with increasing frequency. Is that to be expected? What are my options, including battery replacement, if possible.

Thanks

Jay

2. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

Mine also needs charging during the day, I do just that charge it in the car, charge it at work, charge it at home. I can drain the battery in less than an hour, surfing and such. Getting the new iPhone, unless something really bugs me about it.

3. ihaveNFC Guest

Mine's a tad older (August '08), but I haven't had any battery issues. Not sure if having the latest software will be the fix. I'd recommend just waiting another couple days for the next generation.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Replace the battery. My 3G was only lasting about 7 or 8 hours. I got a new battery and now it lasts 12-13 hours.

Very much worth it. I used iResq.com and had them do the work. There are plenty of other sites that will either do the work for you or send you a new battery with instructions if you're brave. It's well worth the cost.

5. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502a

jaybar

6. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

WOW! I'd KILL for 7-8 hours;) I have to recharge mine every couple of hours now. Looking forward to a NEW phone shortly.:)

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Make an appointment with apple and get the battery replaced.

If you find a 3rd party solution, they'll do it for around 50 bucks. I think apple charges 80 bucks.

This is why I hate sealed batteries.
    You can bring it into an apple store or ship it to apple. Now that's ludicrous, sending my phone in to change a battery.