My iPhone 4 glass back cracked!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hunterheath33, Oct 27, 2012.

1. hunterheath33 macrumors regular

I Hve used a case since I got it and am super careful with it. My friends iphone 4 glass back cracked after being charged which mine did too. I have had this phone for 8 months and it was brand new. Here is a photo showing the damage after I removed it from a speck candyshell case. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351333234.993240.jpg

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

So you're saying it was caused by charging? Looks like the crack starts in the upper L corner as you look at it from the back. Also if the battery caused it there would be some swelling of the battery which would def show some heaving of the back glass.

Not sure what caused that crack but I doubt it was the battery.

(Which I assume you believe as you say it happened after charging.)

3. Merkie macrumors 68020

Go to the Apple Store and get a glass back replacement for $30. You'll be out in 10 minutes with a phone that feels brand new :).

4. hunterheath33 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok and yeah I just assumed it got too hot from the battery because the battery ad charger had been getting scorching hot over the past few days while it was charging. I guess I will just get the back replaced as that seems my only option. Thanks guys for all of your help! :)