My iPhone 4 is playing tricks on me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adogg106, Jun 26, 2012.

1. adogg106 macrumors newbie

Last week I had my iPhone replaced at the apple store because of a problem with the vibrator motor. I used my 1 year warranty which was about to expire the next day. Then my replaced phone had a problem with the home key and I had to replace that. Now my im having problems with my third iphone. The last 2 days it has not charged past 90%. I set up an appointment today to fix it but today it happens to charge to 100%. WTF? What do I do? And on top of that when I entered this phone's serial # online and it says this phone's warranty expires. Isnt it supposed to be extended 90 days since I replaced a previous phone? They gave me a receipt for the 1st repair so maybe I can use that as proof that It should be still under warranty. Anyone know what I should do? Any apple geniuses on here? I got 2 issues sorry.

2. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

Yes. Every replacement phone does have a 90 day warranty. Did they give you a work authorization for your current phone?

3. adogg106 thread starter macrumors newbie

They only printed out a copy for the 1st replacement. The next day I went to a different apple store for the 2nd replacement. They didn't print out a copy for that one but I did sign the contract on their ipad. So if I bring the copy that I have it's gonna have a different serial # than the one I currently have.

4. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

Did they by chance email you a copy at the 2nd store? They should have a record in their system but it's god to have something you can show them.

5. adogg106 thread starter macrumors newbie

No they did not email me a copy. But if you say it's in their system then I should be good right?

6. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Yes. They should be able to check their systems for the electronic receipt and records. If they somehow refuse, exercise your customer rights. They are at fault for causing the confusion for not issuing paper receipts to you and opt for iPads - So its only their obligation to check for the records and receipt. :p