My iPhone 4 looks has funny looking mouldy spots under the glass?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pepper Pot, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Pepper Pot macrumors member

Even when my iPhone 4 is perfectly cleaned and wiped there is horrible looking spots under the glass that you can see in the light and I can't work out what they are, so I took a picture to see if anyone else has this?

Will Apple replace my iP4?

[​IMG]

2. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I had same problem not big of a deal though it's only really visible on the sun so it doesn't bother me but if it does to you just take it apple store I guess.

3. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

looks like something wrong with the paint, the OCD in me would want to take that back for a replacement......

4. Welshman2oo5 macrumors member

mine has the same thing, on the front and the back... do you think that they would replace it because of that?

5. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Try wiping it down better. I just noticed those spots all over the back of my phone when I saw this post, but I wiped it down with a cleaning cloth and it's all gone.

6. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

Nope, it's definitely under the glass :\

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Return the phone.

8. Pepper Pot thread starter macrumors member

9. Welshman2oo5 macrumors member

If anyone has any luck with returning their iphone because of this problem, could you please post back and let us know?

10. xenomorph78 macrumors newbie

Spots on screen

I took mine in for these same spots and they replaced it without questions stating it was an issue with the sealing of the layers of glass. They gave me a replacement, which looked fine when I got it, but I'm slowly noticing these spots appear again. It's defiantly in or under the outer layer of glass.