My iPhone 4 was broken, so I got a 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thai4s, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Thai4s macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I took my iPhone 4 - out of warranty - to a place to replace the home button and they broke something.

I had the issue where if you take the phone apart and then when you put it back together everything works except the front facing camera. It's not the camera that's bad.

Anyway, I'm in Thailand so an iPhone here costs $730 - $830. However, we don't have contracts, phone is unlocked, you can tether all you want, 3G is unlimited with 300 minutes and 300 SMS for $22 per month.

Anyway. The guy didn't check the phone properly, even though I told him the camera didn't work and I replaced te button, and he still gave me $400 for it.

So, I took that and put another $400 for a 4s.

This phone I will keep for a long time and if anything happens I will take it to the provider only, in or out of warranty. I don't care. I'm not letting anyone open this phone.

It turns out it was a blessing in disguise. The iPhone 4s is so much better than the iPhone 4. Every little thing has been fixed. It's really fast and the whole Siri thing is awesome. I really love this phone now. It's a keeper.

Now. Question. Is there any way to prevent the home button from wearing out? Is it my fault or is it just the nature of te home button? It was really hard to click. My mom has a 3Gs and she says sometimes she pushes it with a pencil eraser.

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

No one really knows. My iPhone 4 button works just fine, and so does my first generation iPad home button and so did my old iPhone 3GS.

I guess it's a combination of wearing out and bad luck. Don't forget that 95% of the time you hear someone about a product, it's negative. No one will make threads "MY HOME BUTTON WORKS JUST PERFECTLY FINE FOR 2 YEARS NOW!? :S"

Use it normally and I think you should be fine. If it happens again, than you can safely assume it's because of the way you use it.

Enjoy your iPhone 4S! :)

3. Thai4s thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yea. Because my friend has a 3G and his wife still uses it and I don't hear him complaining about it.

Maybe it was just my luck.

Yea. I'm enjoying the 4S much better. It's everything the other should've been.

Putting up the phone up to your ear and asking it to search things, make appointments, write emails, set a timer for when I'm cooking, its just great.

I was going to go with an Android after the iPhone 4 broke, but I'm glad I went with this. I don't even have to unlock the phone to do anything. I just push the sleep button, put the phone up to my ear and go.

4. Thai4s thread starter macrumors member

And On top of that, whatsapp is free now, so I'm chatting away.

Also, you don't have to press the mic to do the talk to text thing. You can be in any application that has a field where you type. Once the keyboard comes up you can just out the phone up to your ear and say what you want and then it writes it. You don't need to press the mic button.

Also; is the iPhone 4s louder? It seems that way.

5. Thai4s thread starter macrumors member

I learned from the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4/4s DOES scratch and it doesn't take much, so as soon as they got this out of the box, I put a transparent film on it. You can't tell it's there.

Many people here use the anti fingerprint one but that makes the screen blurry.

All we need now is to be able to say "Turn on Bluetooth" and have Siri do it.