My iPhone 4s Battery Will Not Charge to 100% !!! Will they Give Me a New One?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Nov 4, 2011.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

My iPhone 4s won't charge to 100%. the max it will go is 99%

strangely if i power my phone off and then power it on again it will indeed display 100%

but i shouldnt have to do this every time in order for it to display the charge correctly which leads me to believe my phone is defective.

if i bring up this problem to apple will they get me a new phone? or will they force me to trade it in for a refurb in a black box?

just fyi my phone is only 9 days old. i bought it on the 26th of october.

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Well, you could Turn off the battery percentage indicator and enjoy your iPhone. Watching percentages can drive anybody crazy. What matters is that you can run a full day with normal use, right?

I don't think it's defective. I suspect Apple won't think so either.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Just relax. There are battery handling issues in the 5.0.0 software, 5.0.1 is in beta now & will be released soon.

5. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Let the phone battery drain all the way until the phone powers off. This resets the meter. If your phone still will not fully charge, take it back. However it's likely the meter not the battery

6. wharzhee macrumors 6502

this is the one of the result of batteries when not conditioned when one first gets them. (electronics running on batteries)

its especially damaging when u leave it charging for a long time(like overnight), and instead of a 100% fully charged state, it continues to charge despite being 100%.

----------

charge your phone a few time to its full state with the iphone completely shut off (meaning, put the charging cables on, then switch it off, and then let it charge to its full state (if say 90% left, let it charge for an hour)).

the charging electronics is smart enough to figure out the battery states. (in layman terms)

7. JGC1986 macrumors regular

JGC1986

Mine started off only charging up to 92-93%, then only up to 97, and this morning it was at 100%!

8. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

really? :rolleyes:

9. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I'd totally take it back and get a Samsung I hear they are better.
    Are you really freaking out over 1%?

10. miragebg macrumors 6502a

It is amazing how much OCDs we are in this forum... It' s freaking high level...

11. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Modern batteries do not need to be conditioned before use, and there is no damage to your battery by leaving the charger plugged in for extended periods. The charging circuitry is smart enough to stop drawing power once the battery is charged.

The problem here is the software that displays the charge, not the battery. It simply needs to be calibrated, and letting the battery run flat once will accomplish that.

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This is just BS.