My iPhone 4S is beyond revival.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ^.^, Nov 5, 2011.

1. ^.^, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

^.^ macrumors newbie

EDIT: Thanks, I brought it in, error 2001 (they don't know either) and I got a new one. Sweet.

I got this iPhone a little over a week ago, new. White 16GB, It is my 3rd iPhone and 4th Touch iDevice. Here are the problems.

*It won't turn on. (No flashing red battery that lets you know it's dead)
    *When plugged in to the wall, it comes back without wifi, has no service, sound or vibration. When plugged into my computer it shows the apple sign for a few seconds, turns black, apple logo, black... Continuous cycle.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but can I get a free replacement? Also, can I do anything about this?

Thanks.

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Of course. Make a Genius appointment at your local Apple store or call AppleCare. It's as simple as that.

3. ^.^ thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it a free replacement? Do I need any paperwork or proof of purchase?

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

er I would take that back. THey will give you a new one do not worry. :)

5. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I've never heard of anyone with your kind of problem. Sounds like you bought a fake iPhone. If it's a real 4S then apple will help you take care of it, if it's fake them you're screwed.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Did you buy it from Apple or one of the authorized cell phone carriers? If so, then take it in and get a new one.

7. ^.^ thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha yes, bought it from the apple site, a few days after release. It is a real 4S from AT&T.

8. macingman, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011

macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Yes it's a free replacement and the apple store will happily replace it for you 99.9%. It may come in handy to bring in the receight when you go there but if you don't have it anymore it's not critical to bring it as its obvious the 4S is in warranty as the device was released only recently.

9. chrisu91, Nov 5, 2011

chrisu91 macrumors regular

If you activated your iPhone when you got it, which I assume you did, no receipt should be necessary.

10. Brettka7 macrumors regular

Make an appointment, assuming you haven't done anything to void the warranty (taken it apart, cracked glass, etc.)

11. kindaobsessed macrumors member

I have never needed a receipt ...Apple is like Big Brother the serial number is in their data base with date of purchase

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

just go to the apple site make a appointment with a Genus. no paper work is needed all the info is in your serial number. only hitch you might run into they might not have replacements in stock however they will work with you to get you taking care of asap.

13. macingman, Nov 6, 2011

macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

If you have the receipt why not bring it in just in case. You have nothing to lose by bringing it in if you have it.

14. Walter Bell macrumors regular

Just so we can get a better picture, one day you woke up an your phone was acting like this? No damage at all whatsoever to the phone right (water, drops, etc)?

If it water damage, they probably WON'T replace it. If it is mechanical failure, then they will.

Have you tried putting the phone in DFU mode while it's plugged into your computer?

Also, have you jail broken any other of your devices, and downgraded software which required editing your host file? That was my problem once before.