My iphone 4's wifi weak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlyanks85, Nov 25, 2010.

1. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

My iphone 4's wifi works fine, it detects wireless network, but it has pretty weak signal compared to the laptops in our house and my ipad.

My ipad can get a wireless signal from my basement and the router is on my third floor room. While the farthest the iphone can get a signal is the the second floor. Once I get to the first floor with the iphone, it will either go to one bar, or just give me the 3G again.

Same thing when I'm in college, certain places the iphone can't detect a wireless signal, the ipad can easily without a issue.

Is that normal or should I call apple?

2. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Try testing it against another iPhone. If you think it's an issue take it to the genius bar and let them have a look.

3. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks like I might have to take a trip to the apple store.

My girlfriends iphone 4, which she bought yesterday, has a perfect wifi signal on the first floor of my house. Same with my cousins phone, who came here for thanksgiving.

Mine can't find a wifi signal unless it's on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Who knows if it's a software issue or not, since the rest of my phone has been great for me.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Restore firmware. Test

Take picture / video of 2 iPhone side by side with wifi bar differences if still case, and make genius bar appointment. They probably would replace it.

5. jlyanks85 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Restore to factory default settings where I clear all the media,pictures, etc? That would actually work?

Because the phone has been great for me, just this one problem right now with the wifi in certain areas.

6. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I guess you tried resetting network?

7. dnkirby macrumors newbie

I can gix this issue on the iphone4 take back of look at top where the black shield is and the top center screw check this to see if its loose or missing