My iPhone 5 feels like it constantly needs to be plugged in to charger?

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
I'm exaggerating a little but I've got to say that with this new phone I feel like I constantly need to have a power cord with me at all times. Meaning when I go to work in the morning by mid to late afternoon I am at 24%.

This is on pretty 4-5 bars of LTE with ATT.

Does this seem right?

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
siri is the most rarely used feature for me, so turning off siri really helps the battery life alot for me.

and location services, i only enabled it for maps. everything is turned off because i dont need need and like to post my location to social apps like facebook or twitter. like anybody cares where is your current location. lol

Comment

dgstan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
I was having the same issue. I'm wondering what would happen if you do what I did: Let the phone run all the way down until it shuts off. Then recharge it back to 100%.

After I did this, my battery lasts all day without any problem. Normal usage now results on about 70% left at the end of the day.

Comment

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I had the same issue, caused by a lot of old jailbreak processes from my precious backup. Try a hard restore and see if that fixes the issue. If not, you have a defective battery.

Comment

Imola Ghost

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
I was having the same issue. I'm wondering what would happen if you do what I did: Let the phone run all the way down until it shuts off. Then recharge it back to 100%.

After I did this, my battery lasts all day without any problem. Normal usage now results on about 70% left at the end of the day.

I was under the impression that letting a lithium ion battery completely discharge is NOT good and they should be charged before complete battery drain. I'm no expert but I did read this about these particular batteries.

Comments?

Comment