My Iphone 5 is scary - Benefit or harm ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vc73287n, Sep 27, 2012.

1. vc73287n macrumors member

vc73287n

After receiving my iphone in the mail today and having several hours of playtime with it, there just 1 feeling i cant seem to escape. Being scared.

My phone just seems so much skinnier with the new design (no case yet either) compared to my iphone 4. It simply feels delicate and just completely open to being dropped and broken. Both weight and size differences are going to take some "break in time " to get used too. Also, like anyone else, we all paid a lot of money on this 1 particular device and it truly is brand new. I just feel scared all the time of using it. I feel that it being so new and to me a completely different phone, I feel that I cannot truly get used to it. Not to mention losing unlimited data, I just dont seem to really get fully comfortable device.

Is this good, bad, neither? Just curious as to how others feel.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There's less glass to shatter and that's more scary for you?

3. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

At first i was , then went with apple care and the "scare" factor has gone away , and I'm loving my device instead of wondering what's gonna happen to my phone

4. matttye macrumors 601

It's made of aluminium and is very light so it should fare well with drops.

Obviously the heavier it is, the more damage it will sustain when dropped.

5. vc73287n thread starter macrumors member

vc73287n

Well after hearing all the people having complaints straight from the factory never mind personal use with the black iPhone, can I really be blamed ?

I guess not having apple care can exponentially heighten that feeling but I do have insurance so I don't know. I just feel like its something to be extra cautious about, even if it is only a cell phone.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Is your phone in fact defective? If so, get it exchanged under the one year warranty. If not, you have nothing to worry about.

7. HaroldStewar macrumors newbie

I'm loving my device instead of wondering what's gonna happen to my phone[​IMG]

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Dont over think this !

You'll get an ulcer :(

Enjoy your new toy and let any fate take its course.

9. iViet macrumors member

Don't forget, next year, there will be another iPhone so just enjoy it while its here. Get a otter case if ur that scared lol

10. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Ummm yours was not damaged straight from the factory though was it?

So from now onwards if you damage it yourself its no different to dropping any other expensive device, they will all chip, shatter, mark, or scratch.

Look after it and it will look like new, drop it or knock it about and it will not look like new. Thats about all there is to it.

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

If you throw a case on the phone, you'll get a little bit of that size back. It'll feel less delicate and you'll be able to handle it better. At least that's how it was for me.

12. honeygirl macrumors member

sorry to hear that. the new iphone 5 has problem is normal. it need test of customer.