My iPhone 5 keeps ringing...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eckscaliber, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Here is my situation/issue. When someone calls my phone it will continue to ring until the caller decides to hang up. I do not have my voicemail set up, nor will I because I don't want people leaving me messages, and I don't think that's the issue. I used my 4S for almost a year without ever having my voicemail set up and the phone would ring about 5 times, go to voicemail, then play the automated message stating that "the person you are trying to call does not have their voicemail set up". I was assuming this would be the same scenario for my iPhone 5, but it is not.
    Is there a fix for this? I'm thinking it is ringing for eternity because of iOS 6's new answering features. Apple must really want these to be utilized.

2. iHawaii macrumors member

When you get a call, hit the sleep button once to mute the ringer, twice to send directly to your non-existent VM.

Although it's not automated, it will work until you figure something else out. Heck, there may even be a way to set up your VM, then deactivate it... but that's above my pay grade.

3. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

4. PerPlekz macrumors member

or just hit decline on the phone.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP: Would the new Do Not Disturb settings help get what you want?

6. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

7. meistervu macrumors 65816

You could also record a greeting saying...

to the effect that the voice mail is not set up.

8. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

I was thinking about utilizing the DND feature. I haven't played with it at all.