My iPhone 5 keeps ringing...

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Here is my situation/issue. When someone calls my phone it will continue to ring until the caller decides to hang up. I do not have my voicemail set up, nor will I because I don't want people leaving me messages, and I don't think that's the issue. I used my 4S for almost a year without ever having my voicemail set up and the phone would ring about 5 times, go to voicemail, then play the automated message stating that "the person you are trying to call does not have their voicemail set up". I was assuming this would be the same scenario for my iPhone 5, but it is not.
Is there a fix for this? I'm thinking it is ringing for eternity because of iOS 6's new answering features. Apple must really want these to be utilized.

iHawaii

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Here is my situation/issue. When someone calls my phone it will continue to ring until the caller decides to hang up. I do not have my voicemail set up, nor will I because I don't want people leaving me messages, and I don't think that's the issue. I used my 4S for almost a year without ever having my voicemail set up and the phone would ring about 5 times, go to voicemail, then play the automated message stating that "the person you are trying to call does not have their voicemail set up". I was assuming this would be the same scenario for my iPhone 5, but it is not.
Is there a fix for this? I'm thinking it is ringing for eternity because of iOS 6's new answering features. Apple must really want these to be utilized.
When you get a call, hit the sleep button once to mute the ringer, twice to send directly to your non-existent VM.

Although it's not automated, it will work until you figure something else out. Heck, there may even be a way to set up your VM, then deactivate it... but that's above my pay grade.

PerPlekz

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
When you get a call, hit the sleep button once to mute the ringer, twice to send directly to your non-existent VM.

Although it's not automated, it will work until you figure something else out. Heck, there may even be a way to set up your VM, then deactivate it... but that's above my pay grade.
or just hit decline on the phone.

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
You could also record a greeting saying...

to the effect that the voice mail is not set up.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
I was thinking about utilizing the DND feature. I haven't played with it at all.