My iPhone 5 S/C dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KhunJay, Oct 3, 2013.

1. KhunJay macrumors regular

KhunJay

Ive had a iphone4 for over 2.5 years with no issues but when I put iOS 7.0.2 on it, I could feel the phone showing its age. There was a perceptible lag that became slightly annoying, even though my keyboard was quite responsive and i could've stuck it out.

But my contract was over a while ago and I was continuing to pay the same so I figured....WTH, I'll get a new one and sell the IP4.

Was seriously stuck choosing between the 5S (grey) and 5C (white).

Nearly went for the 5C and pulled back last minute. My thinking was that 5C is nothing but a marketing ploy to reignite interest in some pretty old tech. But I can see how someone new to apple might go for it.

So i got a 5S space grey 16GB. My last phone was a 32GB and I constantly had 23 GB free, which told me that I am not a heavy user of space so why spend more. Oh, I also dont like the intrusiveness of Touch ID so I just dont use it and
    stick with inputting a password....good exercise for someone who does not work out at all.

Followed all the advice to a T when it came to backups etc and was up and running in no time at all. I like the 5S, hopefully its going to stay relevant for at least 2-3 years. It feels awfully light, like a dummy phone might...and Im scared ******** of dropping it because i know that will be the end of it. Im going caseless for a while but will have to use a screen protector at some point.

BTW Im really ****ed off at apple for not letting me bluetooth a pic to my MB Air. Neither can an iPhone and a mac swap files over airdrop. I struggle to see why this would be a problem.

2. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

3. pcfarrar macrumors member

Airdrop to Mac will no doubt appear at some point in the future.

4. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

Dropbox ;)

5. Robster3 macrumors 68000