My Iphone 5S is playing some sort of game with me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arfus, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Arfus macrumors member

So my iphone worked perfectly the past weeks.. no issues at all! I havent even downloaded any new apps or anything like that since then.

Today suddenly it run out of power so i wanted to charge it..

Then it just started turning itself on and off.. If i let it lay there on its own. The normal white screen with the apple logo appears. Then after about 1-2 minutes a blinking blue screen appears.. Then it shuts down.. Starts up again with the white screen and apple logo for 1-2 minutes. Then blinking blue screeen.. then it shuts off.

It keeps doing this in some kind of twisted loop.. and it keeps going infinitely. I havent even got it turned on without restorting to factory settings.

I just put it in recovery mode about 30 minutes ago and restored the iphone to factory settings with itunes.. I set it up like its a new iphone and everything worked fine!

It worked fine for about 10 minutes then it crashed again.. now it is back to the same look. and keeps turning itself off and on with no chance to turn it back on.

This also happend once about a week ago.. but then i got it on again after forcing it to shutdown. without having to restore the system

Its really bad since i cant contact anyone. As the stores are closed for the holidays for 2 more days..

Anyone know a fix?

I just put it in recovery mode and restored the iphone to factory settings with itunes..

It worked fine for about 10 minutes then it crashed again.. it wont turn on at all!

Seek out to you Apple gurus for advice

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I am sorry to say that it looks like a hardware problem and will need to be replaced or repaired. I hope it is still under warranty.

3. Arfus thread starter macrumors member

It is still under warrenty! but im afraid they are going to refuse me a replacement..

Becuase there are markings on the edge of the aleminium. Also on one of the sides there are paint scratched of.. Because of contact with my metal case cardholder and keys.

This is ridicilous! first out of 6 iphones! never had problems with any other ihpones.

Can there be hardware failure even tho it hasent been damaged?

I hasent fallen on the floor or anything like that the past days..

Also after i restored it it worked fine..

The phone wouldent have worked like normal if there was hardware failure?

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Apple will not refuse your warranty for cosmetic damages. Unless there is a huge dent or shattered screen they will either fix it or replace it. The fact that you restored it multiple times and it still has the same problem, is a good indication of a hardware problem. You do not need to drop it for a hardware defect to manifest itself.

Sorry this happened to you but am glad you are under warranty.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Of course there can be hardware failure. It could be a latent defect or it could be from damage sustained months ago.

Like I said, it could be from something that happened a while ago.

6. Arfus thread starter macrumors member

But i dident get it from apple directly. Purchases it from a Norwegian phone service Chess. Those people i pay for being able to call to etc.

I just got the phone to update through recovery mode.. First two times i tried this it failed.. Now it updates completely. then turned itself off and on. Now its back in home screen..

When you restore the phone.. dosent it come with the latest update?

Hope this update fixed it man 8.12

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You phones would come with the OS that was out when it was manufactured. You would need to do any updates after that. Updates will not fix the problem if it is hardware.

So you are saying your service provider would not fix or replace your phone if it is under warranty? That is crazy.

8. Arfus thread starter macrumors member

Yeah they are greedy bastards..

So the phone worked for a while after updating-- now it crashed again

Its so weird.

If it were a hardware failure the phone shouldent be able to work for about 15 minutes and then failing again? this is so weird man.

Im updating it again now.. I updated it earler.. and i can still run an update now... so weird man

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm not familiar with Norwegian customer laws, but I have a hard time believing they'd refuse to service it because of some markings on the iPhone. What would happen if you were to come to them asking them to fix or replace those markings? That's right, they'd just say they're normal wear and tear. No difference here.

Just get it serviced under warranty. What's the alternative if you don't ask? Open it up yourself and void the warranty anyway?

10. jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

Your phone is sick! Get it to a healer fast! It's just GOTTA make it! Lol!
    But really, good luck fixing it.

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Unfortunately it is VERY possible your phone works for a few minutes and then crashes again. There are hundreds of thousands of circuits and components in your iPhone and it only takes the smallest thing to make the hardware crash. Even though Apple tests its circuits all along the manufacturing process, this do get by in error. You can update as many times as you wish but unless the hardware is good it will still fail.

You need to have a serious talk to your carrier. Go the the upper management as no matter how you phone looks cosmetically it is still expected to function through out its warranty period and beyond.

I am sorry about your problem and hope you get it resolved. It makes me appreciate being able to deal directly with an Apple Store stateside.

12. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Even the carrier relays on Apple for servicing, so they are going to repair your phone.